BBC WORTH £450 PER ANNUM

Blogg

LE
Talking head crapping on that we must not forget that this wonderful value would also "include" radio stations, in particular the obviously wonderful BBC ones

Got snotty when immediately reminded no licence is required at all, BBC operates no broadcast infrastructure and the world is not exactly short of radio stations.

Warning: huge time waster ahead.

Every blob represents radio station or a clusters of same in world. Hover to listen

Teeblerone

War Hero
Talking head crapping on that we must not forget that this wonderful value would also "include" radio stations, in particular the obviously wonderful BBC ones

Got snotty when immediately reminded no licence is required at all, BBC operates no broadcast infrastructure and the world is not exactly short of radio stations.

Warning: huge time waster ahead.

Every blob represents radio station or a clusters of same in world. Hover to listen

Nice one!
The good thing about 'live' radio is there will occasionally be something you didn't expect - Radio 3 (!) Live Junction for example, or John Peel...stuff that wouldn't come up in a million years if you were clicking through utube, spotyfy etc.

Admission: at the moment, BBC still makes slightly-odd progs, though online channels, freevview, netflix are catching up. I dare say they've got the cash to make a 'Blue Planet' now

Precisely. Maybe someone on here knows how much it typically costs to send a reporter and cameraman to tell us **** all? I suspect it may be a lot.
A few years back, the BBC sent a camera man and reporter to my house to do a bit on the up coming general election, they stayed for two hours, filming in the house, and then in the garden, when it went on air, during the 10,O,Clock news the segment lasted 90 seconds. Both came in their own cars.

RedDinger

War Hero
A few years back, the BBC sent a camera man and reporter to my house to do a bit on the up coming general election, they stayed for two hours, filming in the house, and then in the garden, when it went on air, during the 10,O,Clock news the segment lasted 90 seconds. Both came in their own cars.
And did they ask anything the slightest bit useful or informative? I'm assuming you weren't an MP or involved in policy making.

And did they ask anything the slightest bit useful or informative? I'm assuming you weren't an MP or involved in policy making.
It was a ordinary mans comments they wanted, and thoughts on what should be given priority, by whoever gets elected. No questions were asked, they were implied and suggested, and they let me ramble on about anything i wanted to. All condensed down to 90 seconds. I had a pop at the ******** Blair, unfettered immigration, bloody city center car charging, corrupt politicians, and the sad state of our armed forces, and how government has underfunded them, and a few other topics. The one they aired was more money and support for the armed forces.

Last edited:
Petition debate in the HoC at 1630

If you'd like to swear at your screen watch here:

The Mrs and I have recently moved, and the new house has no aerial socket in the living room, so we've just given up on live TV - it's been 3 months now and I don't miss it at all.

The only BBC content that I now consume is the odd visit to the news/weather website, and BBC Radio 2 / 4. I don't think that's worth £450/year to me.

Chris Bryant MP ( Captain Underpants) is horrified that the BBC has been labelled as woke.
He claims not to know what it means sweetie...

W@nker.

Well that was pointless (what a surprise). They're sweeping it under the carpet until 2027 basically.

Keep paying your Elephant Tax people.
What do you mean you haven't got an Elephant?

huscarl

Old-Salt
You have good taste, sir. First dibs on Susan Powell and I'll take Helen Willets, too.
Yay, that means I get to have Sarah Keith-Lucas!:grin:

Latest Threads