• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BBC World

Having been on holiday in Turkey for two weeks until yesterday, I relied on BBC World in my hotel room for news, including the atrocity at Woolwich. In my humble opinion, the BBC coverage was a disgrace. The editorial policy seemed to be to slant reporting and studio interviews in order to show innocent British Muslims as the victims of intolerance by the EDL whilst glossing over the disgraceful attack itself. I never want to see the BBC producing 'Voice of America' style propaganda but I would like to see some balance and even-handedness.

Did you catch the interview where they wheeled out some tubby ex squaddie who was utterly mince against a board of Muslim layers, reporters and other edumacted types? Was pretty embarrassing the way the ex squaddie was going on. Worse than some of these EDL clips you see on youtube.

I can never understand who BBC World see as their viewers. They seem to deliberately steer away from attracting the ex-pat or traveling UK public. I know they are at least partly self-funding but I do not think it should be so relentlessly un-patriotic (and dull).

Having been on holiday in Turkey for two weeks until yesterday, I relied on BBC World in my hotel room for news, including the atrocity at Woolwich. In my humble opinion, the BBC coverage was a disgrace. The editorial policy seemed to be to slant reporting and studio interviews in order to show innocent British Muslims as the victims of intolerance by the EDL whilst glossing over the disgraceful attack itself. I never want to see the BBC producing 'Voice of America' style propaganda but I would like to see some balance and even-handedness.
Some small wish. I would LOVE to hear the BBC reporting some news and not repeating it for 24 hours... really bad and the endless jingles. What the hell are British taxpayers paying for? Terrible. Hard Talk does update with new interviews but the rest is just endless repeats.... with jingles...

In fairness other international broadcasters are pumping out goo for the eyes as well. Trust your judgement and filter the stuff yourself from the net.

I can never understand who BBC World see as their viewers. They seem to deliberately steer away from attracting the ex-pat or traveling UK public. I know they are at least partly self-funding but I do not think it should be so relentlessly un-patriotic (and dull).
They have zero interest in the expat/travelling UK public. They are funded by subscription and advertising. Their UK staff are almost without exception drawn from the ranks of the committed left wing media types, their non UK staff are carefully selected to reflect the channels political slant. It doesn't do patriotism, unless it is of the Palestinian or North Korean type. Let us not go near their visceral hatred of Israel!

They nearly had a nervous breakdown over Libya - Gaddaffi had always been a noble independent (if slightly eccentric ) champion of so many causes which they espoused, so how to present his overthrow? Nearly wiped the smug look off John Simpsons face that did!

BBC World is gash. CNN when abroad. The BBC is the Lord Haw Haw of the media. It appears to follow some misguided philosophy of appeasing the crocodile in the hope it does not get eaten. As a corporation producing news - it just does not provide balance and in the rare event it does it's just lip-service.

I think you will find it hard to substantiate your claim! Notwithstanding the fact the BBC has already publicly admitted to bias towards the left.
As an opinion, it is conceivably valid, assuming the person holding that opinion is a rabid right-winger who makes Nick Griffin seem a little wishy-washy. As what purports to be a statement of fact, it is just bollocks.

As an opinion, it is conceivably valid, assuming the person holding that opinion is a rabid right-winger who makes Nick Griffin seem a little wishy-washy. As what purports to be a statement of fact, it is just bollocks.
Even when the head of the organisation in the past has admitted such?

Find your own links - they are out there. Your claim however remains indefensible, although it might make you feel better ;)

BBC World is gash. CNN when abroad. The BBC is the Lord Haw Haw of the media. It appears to follow some misguided philosophy of appeasing the crocodile in the hope it does not get eaten. As a corporation producing news - it just does not provide balance and in the rare event it does it's just lip-service.
I lived in Asia for 9 years and this is the view of most of the Brits I worked with.
To this day I refuse to watch BBC and hate the fact I have to pay for a TV licence.

I am taking a li
Rory Thomas

5/26/2013

To: info@faithmatters.co.uk

[TABLE]
[TR="class: Header"]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"]From:[/TD]
[TD]hsf[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"]Sent:[/TD]
[TD]Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:52:35 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"]To: [/TD]
[TD]info@faithmatters.co.uk (info@faithmatters.co.uk)
I am taking the liberty of enclosing a letter i sent to the faith matters anInterdenomination lets be buddys group with a strongh islamic agenda,following all the fawning by the british media to so called "comunity Leaders"(muslims generally).I jest not I considered my wording very carefully so as to avoid a midnight knock & visit.It is not meant to be flipant & concerns known facts.Thank you[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Good afternoon,I couldn´t help noticing,on the main news channels & your webpage that many in the "muslim community"fear reprisals following the ritual beheading of a British soldier in Greenwich.May I point out that these peopkle are missing a couple of glaringly obvios facts.The chances of a member of the "muslim community"in the UK or even Europe or the US for that matter being ritually beheaded in broad daylight in a busy urban enviroment is I would suggest virtually nil.However the possibility of a, perhaps caucasian, non muslim ,suffering that fate at the hands of declared members of the "muslim comunity",with perhaps ethnic lincs to Africa/North Africa,is as we have seen,a clear & present danger.It seems obvios that it is members of the non muslim comunity like myself ,are the people that are at most risk of being murdered by religios fanatics,or have I missed something in this evil event & others like it in some parts of the world where atrocities like this are more commonplace?Who is going to protect me?
yours very sincerely rory

Even when the head of the organisation in the past has admitted such?

Find your own links - they are out there. Your claim however remains indefensible, although it might make you feel better ;)
What? A senior BBC exec has admitted their UK staff are almost without exception drawn from the ranks of the committed left wing media types?

I'm not saying they aren't left-leaning, but "almost without exception" "committed left wing"? Pure extremist rhetoric. It would be like saying matelots almost without exception engage in homosexual acts, or people from Somerset almost without exception fellate sheep. There may be a general tendency amongst both those groups to do those things, but claiming that almost without exception they do is so obviously a ****ing stupid claim, only ****ing stupid people could consider it to be valid.

I am taking a li
Rory Thomas

5/26/2013

To: info@faithmatters.co.uk

[TABLE]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"]From:[/TD]
[TD]hsf[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"]Sent:[/TD]
[TD]Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:52:35 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"]To: [/TD]
[TD]info@faithmatters.co.uk (info@faithmatters.co.uk)
I am taking the liberty of enclosing a letter i sent to the faith matters anInterdenomination lets be buddys group with a strongh islamic agenda,following all the fawning by the british media to so called "comunity Leaders"(muslims generally).I jest not I considered my wording very carefully so as to avoid a midnight knock & visit.It is not meant to be flipant & concerns known facts.Thank you[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Good afternoon,I couldn´t help noticing,on the main news channels & your webpage that many in the "muslim community"fear reprisals following the ritual beheading of a British soldier in Greenwich.May I point out that these peopkle are missing a couple of glaringly obvios facts.The chances of a member of the "muslim community"in the UK or even Europe or the US for that matter being ritually beheaded in broad daylight in a busy urban enviroment is I would suggest virtually nil.However the possibility of a, perhaps caucasian, non muslim ,suffering that fate at the hands of declared members of the "muslim comunity",with perhaps ethnic lincs to Africa/North Africa,is as we have seen,a clear & present danger.It seems obvios that it is members of the non muslim comunity like myself ,are the people that are at most risk of being murdered by religios fanatics,or have I missed something in this evil event & others like it in some parts of the world where atrocities like this are more commonplace?Who is going to protect me?
yours very sincerely rory
Might have been taken seriously if it had been spell-checked.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads