BBC VOTE - SHOULD INJURED TROOPS GET MORE SUPPORT?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chimera, Oct 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

2. I'm sorry, how can this even be considered for a vote?!?!?! It's a no-brainer if you ask me.......but what would I know??

3. I think the first comment I read there says it all:

[align=center]With all due respect, members of the armed forces should not have to rely on charity if they have been hurt while serving their country. They should get it automatically from the government.

Ann Onymous, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
    [/align]

What a bone question to put to anyone! BBC really trawling the depths for stories/articles!!! :x

4. BBC Producers obviously trying to get some data together rapidly for the annual media focus on rememberance.

Possibly, instead of the sickly news items, used to fill airtime, broadcasters could actually get out on the streets of this country and film some interviews with the ex-forces who are now living on the street. Then explain why it is that many former soldiers, are relying on the last two weeks Harvest Festival handouts to survive at this time of year.

Any journos reading -- your time would probably be better spent, getting out and reporting the reality of how organisations like the RBL are having to support more people then ever before. I spoke to my friend (12 years service, amputee, usual mountain of letters to get what is entitled to him) who is an RBL caseworker. The reality and the scale of what the RBL are having to do, is a national disgrace. Every "outraged" post on ARRSE, sensational headline or indepth case study, represents the tip of the iceberg. Get off your ARRSE and report the true scale of this.

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I'm suprised that this comment is still up!

"Added: Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, 09:47 GMT 10:47 UK

YES that includes the BBC. Who seems intent on running down the British military at every oppurtunity. Remember BBC World banning the wearing of poppies a couple of years ago everyone"