BBC: "US probes new Iraq massacre claim"

#1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5039714.stm

The US military has told the BBC it is investigating an incident in which 11 Iraqi civilians may have been deliberately killed by US troops.

Video footage obtained by the BBC appears to challenge the US account of events in the town of Ishaqi in March.

The US said at the time that four people died during a raid, but Iraqi police said 11 were shot by US troops.

The video evidence comes in the wake of the alleged massacre by US marines of up to 24 Iraqi civilians in Haditha.
 
#2
Trust Auntie Beeb to stir the sh1te. Keep an eye open for a "Kill the Infidel" rally in your town soon! :x
 
#3
Guess it's another game of wait and see...
 
#4
If the US Army are found to have killed innocent women and children the guys responsible should be punished. No one can tell me that killing harmless children is acceptable no matter what race, colour or religion.

Anyone killing children deserves to die -period.

BBM
 
#5
Bondi-Babe-Magnet said:
If the US Army are found to have killed innocent women and children the guys responsible should be punished. No one can tell me that killing harmless children is acceptable no matter what race, colour or religion.

Anyone killing children deserves to die -period.

BBM
The IDF have been getting away with it for years...
 
#6
ViroBono said:
Bondi-Babe-Magnet said:
If the US Army are found to have killed innocent women and children the guys responsible should be punished. No one can tell me that killing harmless children is acceptable no matter what race, colour or religion.

Anyone killing children deserves to die -period.

BBM
The IDF have been getting away with it for years...

I agree, the footage of the terrified small boy shot dead by the IDF while his father tries to shield him is absolutely disgusting. The Israeli's do themselves no favours. No country shouldbe above the law -including the USA and Israel.
 
#7
#8
Bondi-Babe-Magnet said:
ViroBono said:
Bondi-Babe-Magnet said:
If the US Army are found to have killed innocent women and children the guys responsible should be punished. No one can tell me that killing harmless children is acceptable no matter what race, colour or religion.

Anyone killing children deserves to die -period.

BBM
The IDF have been getting away with it for years...

I agree, the footage of the terrified small boy shot dead by the IDF while his father tries to shield him is absolutely disgusting. The Israeli's do themselves no favours. No country shouldbe above the law -including the USA and Israel.
...or the Palestinian Authority/Hamas?
 
#9
KGB_resident said:
Meanwhile

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060602...SRw24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

A Japanese court on Friday convicted a U.S. sailor of killing a Japanese woman during a robbery near Tokyo and sentenced him to life in prison.
I think that it is a very easy thing to stop unlawfull killing of civilians by Coalition forces - let Iraqi corts to decide their fate. If it possible in Japan then it could be done in a new democratic country as well.
Quite right, how about Russians in some Chechan courts? fair play after all, eh? :wink:
 
#10
LineDoggie said:
KGB_resident said:
Meanwhile

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060602...SRw24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

A Japanese court on Friday convicted a U.S. sailor of killing a Japanese woman during a robbery near Tokyo and sentenced him to life in prison.
I think that it is a very easy thing to stop unlawfull killing of civilians by Coalition forces - let Iraqi corts to decide their fate. If it possible in Japan then it could be done in a new democratic country as well.
Quite right, how about Russians in some Chechan courts? fair play after all, eh? :wink:
Chechnya is a part of Russia. So Russian courts regards alleged war crimes committed by Russian servicemen in Russia

By contrast Iraq is not a part of USA or the UK and

So American courts regards alleged war crimes committed by American servicemen in Iraq

Do you see the difference?
 
#11
KGB_resident said:
Chechnya is a part of Russia...
Of course the leaders and those who support the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria wouldn't agree with you, which of course is the problem.

I understand that the Russian criminal court system now uses jury trials as an option. This of course leads us up back closer to the original point, would you allow Chechnyans to form the jury's on trials of Russian soldiers?

You've misunderstood the Japanese article. The US works out a Status of Forces Agreement with every country they have troops stationed in. It delineates what charges will be tried by local legal jurisdictions and what will be tried by the US military courts. The agreements generally work out that any crimes commited while 'on duty' as servicemen will be tried by the US military. Crimes commited while off-duty in civilian locals are generally tried by the local courts. The soldier being tried by the Japanese reflects that.
 
#12
KGB_resident said:
LineDoggie said:
KGB_resident said:
Meanwhile

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060602...SRw24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

A Japanese court on Friday convicted a U.S. sailor of killing a Japanese woman during a robbery near Tokyo and sentenced him to life in prison.
I think that it is a very easy thing to stop unlawfull killing of civilians by Coalition forces - let Iraqi corts to decide their fate. If it possible in Japan then it could be done in a new democratic country as well.
Quite right, how about Russians in some Chechan courts? fair play after all, eh? :wink:
Chechnya is a part of Russia. So Russian courts regards alleged war crimes committed by Russian servicemen in Russia

By contrast Iraq is not a part of USA or the UK and

So American courts regards alleged war crimes committed by American servicemen in Iraq

Do you see the difference?
Ah yes thanks, I had thought that Chechnya declared independance way back in 1991(must have been mistaken). I should have said Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Ukraine,Poland, Afghanistan, Hungary, Czechoslovakia,Kuriles,etc did I leave any out? :roll:
 
#13
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5042036.stm

A US military investigation has found there was no misconduct by US troops over Iraqi civilian deaths in the town of Ishaqi, a spokesman says.
...
Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has criticised coalition forces for what he describes as habitual attacks against civilians.
Newly appointed PM is apparently an unexperienced politician. 'Habitual attacks' are absolutely lawfull and they help Iraqi people in its way toward a true democracy.
 
#14
LineDoggie said:
Ah yes thanks, I had thought that Chechnya declared independance way back in 1991(must have been mistaken). I should have said Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Ukraine, Poland, Afghanistan, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Kuriles, etc did I leave any out? :roll:
Oh give the poor guy a break, those were pretty far in the past and we can't really hold them against them. I think it's perfectly fair however to bring up their rather dubious actions in places like Transnistria, South Ossetia and Abkhazia in support of these illegal quasi-'nation states'. Chechnya didn't have the legal right to secede unlike the Soviet Socialist Republics that broke away from Russia under the Soviet Constitution, although how legitimate that document was/is is a matter of debate for another time, so it'd be a bit like Kent county deciding to declare independence from England. The fact that Russia is perfectly willing to wade in guns blazing to retrieve 'their' wayward Federal subject quoting the law/legality of it whilst occupying sections of neighbouring sovriegn states is just the hypocritical icing on the cake. :)
 
#16

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top