Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

BBC supporting iRA?

Bobby who?

Bobby tables?

exploits_of_a_mom.png

I had a rattle at him on twitter.

Another Yank, who thinks they understand the NI conflict and Irish history, because they read the Guinness edition of the Mr Men books and his Great Great Cousin, 6 times removed was an Irish immigrant.

Quite often Ulster Scots as well, if they are not Catholic chances are they won't want to hear their own family history.

Quite often Ulster Scots as well, if they are not Catholic chances are they won't want to hear their own family history.
The Appalachian mountain region was settled by the Ulster Scots.

For being so anti- Northern Irish Protestant/ Unionist in large swaths of modern America (current President and other Irish descendant politicians, media, Irish descendant populated areas) They seem to forget we gave them a direct lineage for 17 of their 44 Presidents and many of their Founding Fathers and influencial persons over the years can be traced back directly to Northern Ireland (Andrew Jackson, Ulysses S Grant, Teddy Roosevelt) and helped to develop their modern traditions and culture.

But then their grasp of history is pathetic and most Americans couldn't point to Europe, less Northern Ireland on a map.

"These pioneering people and their descendants, known in the USA as the 'Scotch-Irish', have often been called "the first true Americans". They have had a huge and disproportionate impact on American education, politics, commerce, the military, journalism, literature, the arts and entertainment."

The Appalachian mountain region was settled by the Ulster Scots.

For being so anti- Northern Irish Protestant/ Unionist in large swaths of modern America (current President and other Irish descendant politicians, media, Irish descendant populated areas) They seem to forget we gave them a direct lineage for 17 of their 44 Presidents and many of their Founding Fathers and influencial persons over the years can be traced back directly to Northern Ireland (Andrew Jackson, Ulysses S Grant, Teddy Roosevelt) and helped to develop their modern traditions and culture.

But then their grasp of history is pathetic and most Americans couldn't point to Europe, less Northern Ireland on a map.

"These pioneering people and their descendants, known in the USA as the 'Scotch-Irish', have often been called "the first true Americans". They have had a huge and disproportionate impact on American education, politics, commerce, the military, journalism, literature, the arts and entertainment."
I believe that a large number of Ulster Scots were involved in the defence of the Alamo, but that the Texas authorities fly the Irish flag instead of the Northern Irish version.

I believe that a large number of Ulster Scots were involved in the defence of the Alamo, but that the Texas authorities fly the Irish flag instead of the Northern Irish version.
Wouldn't surprise me.

"Inside the church on the Alamo site stand the flags of all the countries and states which lost men at the battle. These include the saltire, the Irish tricolor and the Welsh dragon, as well as the flag of St George. Until now, though, there has never been any memorial to the dead of any single nation."

Ireland wasn't even a state then, nor was the Tricolour the flag of Ireland at the time of the Alamo.

Last edited:
I couldn't see it this morning either. She must have deleted it. Unionists in NI alone seemed to have hammered her, when you go through Michelle O'Neills tweet and it shows Abbott's retweet.

How the fcuk can a British MP, in a city that PIRA extensively targeted with guns and bombs and murdered dozens within.. get away with spouting the shit she does and openly pedal a proscribed organisations propoganda?
Because she is thick

Abbott in 1984

Speaking in 1984, Abbott said that Ireland “is our struggle - every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed.”

Abbott in 2017

Diane Abbott has distanced herself from comments she made apparently in support of the IRA in the 1980s, saying: "I don't have the same hairstyle, I don't have the same views."

And now in 2021 she re tweets praise for a convicted terrorist, a sworn enemy of the British state.

Strangley though her hair style in 2017 is the same as her "Darth Vader" cut today. So what's your pathetic excuse this time Dianne 'cause you can't blame it on the hair!?