Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bow_Man, Dec 3, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and Gents,

Some very serious news, taken from the CELEBDAQ website (

I suggest we need to redress the balance goto:

to cast your vote.

I mean Tim Henman...what the f@ck has he ever done for British Sport except disappoint?
  2. Thanks for the link BowMan. I've just voted for Sid & Doris Bonkers. Where would Neasden FC be without them?
  3. Fair play to the ozzies, we'd do the same thing in their place. But is it really Wilkinson who should get it, there was a whole team on that pitch. Jonny's just one man.
  4. Henman?

Personality???? 8O
  5. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

The personality of the year has to be an individual but there is the prize for team of the year and I think that is where you will see MJ step up for the shield.
  6. fingers crossed for MJ, I can see why JW will get it as he is the most known. He's getting all the limelight tho.
  7. Team Game, Team Effort.

But at the same time - Top Carries JW, Top Tackler JW.

Wilkies a part of the team and couldn't perform without the team but he is still bloody good in his own right.
  8. Yeh. Let's hope he gets off. He really isn't that interested in children you know.
  9. 8O

Reckon JW will walk it and the Team will get Team of year anyhow!!!
  10. We'll have to find if the Aussies do a sports personality of the year and get johnny to kick that too.
  11. good tenuous link MPS, thinking bout it tho, I'm surprised wacko jacko isn't already a topic of conversation. You'd have thought the material was endless.[/img]
  12. He is Lucy! Have a look in the NAAFI under 'He's at it again'. Guarantee to cheer your morning up....
  13. I've heard that there is a campaign to have a Gaelic player voted as the BBC sports personality of the year. We even got an email here in my work...

Dear All,

There is a campaign to have yer man Canavan (Tyrone GAA) as BBC Sportsman of the Year.

He represents an anti British game that for years discriminated against members of the Army and RUC and shows no allegiance to Britain. The GAA is a political organisation.

Please make sure that this does not happen by going to the BBC Sports website and voting for someone else like Johnny Wilkinson.

Pass this on.

"Fire for effect"
  14. So JW can kick a rugby ball? Becks can kick a football? so bloody what.. they get paid good money for their skills.

As for any sports personality of the year award. In my view it should go the sports personality's agent of the year award. it is my TV licence fees that pays for this program to be made, and pays for an award to someone who is normally better off financially than a lot of us, and somehow it just does not enhance my life very much. :roll: