BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2019

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
On now and Doddie Weir just got the bravery award, if it can be called that. Good man doing a good job fighting Motor Neuron Disease.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Alun Wynn Jones gets my vote, a great rugby player and a great leader.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Contenders are
Alun Wyn Jones
Dina Asher Smith
Katerina Johnson Thompson
Raheem Stirling
Ben Stokes
Lewis Hamilton

One of my friends and colleagues died from MND 2 years ago.

It's utterly horrible as a disease. Trapped with your mind at 100% whilst your body dies around you and you eventually die when your lung muscles give in.

Respect to the big man.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
Incredible man with an incredible zest for life, well deserved award.

Princess Royal doing her usual superb human-being-despite-being-royal thing as well.

Feck me, it’s dusty in here right now.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
Stokes will get my vote. I’m a dyed-in-the-wool Anglo Saxon rugby and cricket chap and I cant vote for a Celt ;)That and he nearly killed me with the Headingly innings

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I suppose that Lewis Hamilton will go home empty handed. Six time world champion is truly a phenomenal achievement and puts him in rarefied company indeed.

Just one man has ever done more in the sport. One.

Even that, was with the team enforcing strict orders to the number 2 driver to let Schumacher pass.

Ritch

LE
One of my friends and colleagues died from MND 2 years ago.

It's utterly horrible as a disease. Trapped with your mind at 100% whilst your body dies around you and you eventually die when your lung muscles give in.

Respect to the big man.
I have decided that if I get that or anything similar, I'd head to Dignitas but that's because I'm a coward. Living with chronic pain, I find I think about stuff like this quite often.

Lewis Hamilton for me. A six time World Champion and one of, if not THE best.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bit sick of everyone at the ceremony to give Baroness Tanni Grey Thomson when she can't stand up herself. Bit much to rub it in to the poor lass :)

Dina Asher Smith.

Ive met Tanni Grey-Thompson a few times, outstanding lady. Myself and Swifty (fellow double above knee amputee) made her cry whilst telling our stories. We have offered to tell our stories in the House of Lords.

Hasn’t Lewis Hamilton won it in the past?
Personal view, because he’s a dick who doesn’t even live in this country and certainly doesn’t ‘represent’ the nation. I don’t watch the show any more. It’s about the BBC who don’t even show most of the sports featured. Stokes wind it for me, he cocked up, put his hand up, took his suspension and let his deeds speak for him. KJT a close second for the way she has fought to the top.

ETA posted just before I realised Stokes had won

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Dina Asher Smith.

Ive met Tanni Grey-Thompson a few times, outstanding lady. Myself and Swifty (fellow double above knee amputee) made her cry whilst telling our stories. We have offered to tell our stories in the House of Lords.
Sure it wasn't tears of laughter? :)

Perhaps if I didn't have to pay the license fee on punishment of prison, I would then have the choice to subscribe to the channels which broadcast these sports...

Decent effort from the AUOTC O/Cdts and also their Pipe Band.

The memoriam section seriously pisses me off and has done for the last few years.

They've turned what should be a sad remembrance of those that have karked it into a pop concert.

Never watched it, but just seen Doddie getting the Helen Rollason award on the beeb rugby page. He has went down hill with that bastard disease since I saw him about six weeks ago.

He and HRH have always got on well together since his playing days.

Latest Threads