BBC Spinning Again.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by geezer466, Jul 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shock Horror first page on the BBC. US Navy bombs Great Barrier Reef.

BBC News - US jets dropped bombs on Great Barrier Reef

Till you get into the crux of the story.

My Bold.

US possibly guilty of a little bit of fly tipping.

The BBC make out though that they are trying to deliberately destroy the Great Barrier Reef implying their are environmental criminals
  2. The BBC's own report stated that the bombs had been released in deep water, coral reef's by their nature inhabit shallow water. The Beeb once again showing it's anti-American bias.
  3. Joe Civvy won't understand the term inert and whilst the BBC have added that the bombs did not explode they have very certainly implied that they could have.

Joe and the tree huggers will be of the opinion the barrier reef has had a lucky escape.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Maybe the BBC can't use the search facility, either.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

In other news: Pope, bears, etc. It's not the BBC in itself so much as the 'metro' mindset - USA bad, Christianity bad, etc, that's been there pretty much since the '60s. The BBC may be the worst offenders - or rather, the ones that I subsidise with my TV tax whether I want to or not - but they are not alone.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The BBC long ago gave up on the dispassionate reporting of facts...I would guess around about the time the talking head came out from behind his desk and took up residence on a red sofa with a dopey bird. I have given up on them and watch Al Jazeera/RT for international news and the Mail/Guardian online for domestic. Thus primed with the views of "outraged white bloke of whitevanland" and "Unemployable sociology graduate of Tower Hamlets" I then try thinking for myself, a novel concept for a lot of people I am sure, but it works for me.
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Not the worst thing the US forces have dumped at sea.
  8. Biased Broadcasting Corporation
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Very true: 1966 Palomares B-52 crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The 1966 Palomares B-52 crash or Palomares incident occurred on 17 January 1966, when a B-52G bomber of the USAF Strategic Air Command collided with a KC-135 tanker during mid-air refuelling at 31,000 feet (9,450 m) over the Mediterranean Sea, off the coast of Spain. The KC-135 was completely destroyed when its fuel load ignited, killing all four crew members. The B-52G broke apart, killing three of the seven crew members aboard. Of the four Mk28 type hydrogen bombs the B-52G carried, three were found on land near the small fishing village of Palomares in the municipality of Cuevas del Almanzora, Almería, Spain. The non-nuclear explosives in two of the weapons detonated upon impact with the ground, resulting in the contamination of a 2-square-kilometer (490-acre) (0.78 square mile) area by plutonium. The fourth, which fell into the Mediterranean Sea, was recovered intact after a 2½-month-long search.
  10. Osama?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I don't understand why the Beeb thinks no-one can see through lame and inaccurate reporting. Do they really think people are that stupid? Perhaps their left-centric view of the general population leads them to such a conclusion.

12. Agree with the basic sentiment C_T but any organisation that has a captive audience paying billions into its coffers by law isn't really going to be too bothered what plebs like us think about its turgid leftie output.
    • Like Like x 1

13. He sleeps with the fishes...
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You have no idea how incredibly myopic and frankly dumb some BBC presenters and support staff can be. Not all by any means but frankly I never met one that would let facts get in the way of a good story.