BBC spending our money wisely again

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunoficarus, Jan 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The mind boggles:

Under 0.2% isn't bad, though. About half the BBC cost, over ten times the %age, was spent by my local council on a couple of horses heads as part of an "eco park".
  2. The Blair Brown Corporation shows two fingers to the population again!

Trebles all round and back to Hampstead.
  3. Until 2014 the BBC World Service is funded by a "grant-in-aid" from the Foreign Office.

It is that grant which is being cut, but have to ask why these services, which the BBC themselves describe as "marginal" , have crawled along for so long.

Cannot see there being many sleepless nights over the loss of the Albanian service because we say such nasty things about their Eurovision entries.
  4. WTF is "English for the Caribbean"? Please tell me it's not some dreadlocked Rastaman from Hackney talking bolleaux in a funny accent.
  5. I want to hear that. This am Babylon calling
  6. Wit a beer can sam witch.
  7. I don't know what you ungrateful peasants are complaining about! As soon as the recession hit, BBC top management completely re-equipped ALL of their newsrooms (including the regional ones) because they 'liked the design of the furniture' and BBC South hired more presenters. You certainly can't claim that the Beeb doesn't know how to tighten their belts in a recession.
  8. Do not forget the senior member of management who spent £600 on a taxi from London to Cardiff.
  9. Oh, and the BBC staff striking because they want much more of the licence fee to be paid into their pension fund so that they can retire into the style to which they have been accustomed.