BBC save comedy?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
UNBELIEVER !
How can you call the Representative for Transrace Amputee Dwarf Scat-curious Unemployed Single Lesbian Mothers of Transgender Tourettes VICTIM Two Year Olds an unnecessary rôle ?
It's a fúck site easier to say than what you just typed.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
What is ?

Alexei Sayle on now, BBC R4. He's as lefty as they come and would possibly curse the ground that I walked upon.

But he's funny and manic and rips everyone to bits... and he does it without sneering and playing exclusively to the right-on crowd. He's not someone I'd cheerfully ambush outside the theatre with a baseball bat.

Intelligent comedy. I've always liked him.

BlackDyke

Old-Salt
Alexei Sayle on now, BBC R4. He's as lefty as they come and would possibly curse the ground that I walked upon.

But he's funny and manic and rips everyone to bits... and he does it without sneering and playing exclusively to the right-on crowd. He's not someone I'd cheerfully ambush outside the theatre with a baseball bat.

Yeah, agreed.
I always thought his scouse Mussolini was borne of genius.

Image result for alexei sayle mussolini

I find him funny but like most hard lefties his grasp of history is limited.
His selling a sandwich to AH was screaming.

A new comedy series Scarborough began last Friday. Second episode tonight. Worth a look.
Written by Derren Litten of Benidorm fame, best line last week was ‘his cat shat on his steak last, he was furious, he had to throw half of it away

rifleair

War Hero
flash photography on TV can make you keel over?
It’s balleaux

Right up there with other urban myths like ‘detector vans’ can tell what programme you are watching and in which room.
Don't forget all the detector van man had to do was look for the flickering curtains, the programme bit was bollox though!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Heard a trailer for a stand up comedy show on Radio 4 yesterday. This is where you hear the "best bit" to pique your interest. It was so lacking in humour of any kind that it did not even raise a smile. It was so bad that I can't even remember the title of the show.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Meanwhile, I am on something like year 23 of "ISIHAC" and still chuckling at it. Willie Rushton's giggle cracks me up. And the loss of him and the Blessed Humph was a sad day for comedy.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Where are you getting them from?
I had a link to a site ( which no longer works, sadly) and also from a woman in USA who goes by the name of 'The Radio Lady' The Radio Lady - Old-Time Radio MP3 ( OTR ) old time radio shows and old time radio programs.

I have most of them downloaded onto my laptop, along with 'The Navy Lark' and many others. I'm at work at present so can't access the lappy. However, when I get a chance I will see if I can upload them for you.

I had a link to a site ( which no longer works, sadly) and also from a woman in USA who goes by the name of 'The Radio Lady' The Radio Lady - Old-Time Radio MP3 ( OTR ) old time radio shows and old time radio programs.

I have most of them downloaded onto my laptop, along with 'The Navy Lark' and many others. I'm at work at present so can't access the lappy. However, when I get a chance I will see if I can upload them for you.
Nice one. That’d be great.

Sadurina

Old-Salt
Does anyone have a link to the Radio 4 "Listen Against" series? I recorded a couple and enjoyed them, but missed some too.

Latest Threads