Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBC rewrites history

That BBC link makes no claims about the number of Jews killed in either the holocaust or specifically in concentration camps.

It merely gives a statistic on holocaust deniers

It does not fit this thread
Read the article carefully including a phrase just below the picture
1548579761137.png

Six million Jews were murdered in Nazi death camps, including Auschwitz-Birkenau, during World War Two

Tell us about Katyn, why don't you?
I propose you to read this source
Katyn massacre - Wikipedia
The number of victims is estimated at about 22,000
Or the Gulags were according to a 1993 study of archival Soviet data, a total of 1,053,829 people died in the Gulags (not including labour colonies) from 1934 to 1953 (there was no archival data for the period 1919–1934).

Also lets not forget the 20 million(ish) Russians murdered by the Soviet regime during the Stalin era.
Number of Gulag victims was likely much higher than the number that you refer to.
Gulag - Wikipedia
The tentative historical consensus among archival researchers and historians who utilize such data is that of the 18 million people who passed through the gulag from 1930 to 1953, between 1.5 and 1.7 million perished as a result of their detention.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Still amazes me that some of these blokes walked from N Africa to Hadrian's Wall (OK, apart from the Channel bit

Yet they are still doing it now, including the Channel bit. With a bit of help from the major charities of course.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Ah, another holocaust denial spurt from @KGB_resident . No surprise there; do us a favour tovaritsch, and take your bullshit somewhere else.

You've tried this before and been seen off- this sort of bile is bad enough on any day, but today is Holocaust Memorial day.

To try and belittle / question / deny the murder of 6 million Jews on this of all days is disgusting.

So **** off.

Everyone was a lot more shitty back then, British (Boar War C Camps) Russians (Stalin Purges) Germany (as above) a rough figure of 6 million is just that, then again with a war destroying records that’s what it has to be, the World Wide Flu epidemic killed even more.

Ah, another holocaust denial spurt from @KGB_resident . No surprise there; do us a favour tovaritsch, and take your bullshit somewhere else.

You've tried this before and been seen off- this sort of bile is bad enough on any day, but today is Holocaust Memorial day.

To try and belittle / question / deny the murder of 6 million Jews on this of all days is disgusting.

So **** off.
I begin to doubt that you are able to comprehend English.
BBC claims that 6 millions Jews died in Nazis extermination camps. It is not true. Serious historians estimate the number as about 3.2 mln. Number of Holocaust victims of course is much higher. It includes also those who was murdered outside the camps, shot, killed, starved to death in ghettos.
Exuse me but your comment is not fair.

Thank goodness.
What have you got against Helen Mirren's tits? They were quite pert in years gone by...? :? Perhaps you're confusing them with Dame Judi Dench's spaniels ears?

Dench as Queen Victoria.jpg

Last edited:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC claims that 6 millions Jews died in Nazis extermination camps. It is not true. Serious historians estimate the number as about 3.2 mln. Number of Holocaust victims of course is much higher. It includes also those who was murdered outside the camps, shot, killed, starved to death in ghettos.
Maybe your English isn't so good. To make myself clear: I am not going to debate with you, and waste time wading through your "serious historians" usual mix of wilful misinterpretation and lies . You have an axe to grind here, have tried to do the exact same thing previously, and have failed.

So **** off you holocaust denying mouthpiece.

This is just one adaption of the story and we appreciate that countless other alternative approaches exist."

That about sums it up. The BBC has got an up and coming group of black actors with, lets face it a dearth of impressive historical character roles for them to fill. Directors have to find them something to do.
You don't have to view if you don't want to, I didn't.

I know what I’d like to have against them.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Somebody needs to have a word with them there mosquitoes, look how many they’ve bumped off over the years and nobody has been bought before a beak to answer for it. It’s a cover up I tell you, people in high places...........

Maybe your English isn't so good. To make myself clear: I am not going to debate with you, and waste time wading through your "serious historians" usual mix of wilful misinterpretation and lies . You have an axe to grind here, have tried to do the exact same thing previously, and have failed.

So **** off you holocaust denying mouthpiece.

As much as it pains me to write the following, the commie is correct about the number of Jews that actually perished in the camps. Close to three million of the Jews murdered by the Germans never saw the inside of any of the camps.

Around 800,000 Jews died in the various ghettos but the majority of the number above were killed either by shooting or carbon monoxide poisoning using specially adapted trucks for the killings.

Shooting operations at various locations in central and southern German-occupied Poland (the Government General) = 200,000

Shooting operations in German-annexed western Poland (District Wartheland) = 20,000

Shooting operations and gas wagons at hundreds of locations in the German-occupied Soviet Union = 1.3 million.

Shooting operations in the Soviet Union (German, Austrian, Czech Jews deported to the Soviet Union) = approximately 55,000

Shooting operations and gas wagons in Serbia = at least 15,088

Shot or tortured to death in Croatia under the Ustaša regime = 23,000–25,000

Deaths in ghettos = at least 800,000

Other ways of killing such as hanging, death marches and Jews caught hiding = at least 500,000

Also some folks might not be aware that the Germans also murdered Soviet civilians, around 7 million, (including 1.3 Soviet Jewish civilians, who are included in the 6 million figure for Jews)

There is no single wartime document that contains the above cited estimates of Jewish deaths.

There are three obvious and interrelated reasons for the lack of a single document:
  1. Compilation of comprehensive statistics of Jews killed by German and other Axis authorities began in 1942 and 1943. It broke down during the last year and a half of the war.
  2. Beginning in 1943, as it became clear that they would lose the war, the Germans and their Axis partners destroyed much of the existing documentation. They also destroyed physical evidence of mass murder.
  3. No personnel were available or inclined to count Jewish deaths until the very end of World War II and the Nazi regime. Hence, total estimates are calculated only after the end of the war and are based on demographic loss data and the documents of the perpetrators. Though fragmentary, these sources provide essential figures from which to make calculations.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I note you quite Wiki regarding Katyn. Wiki also quotes 6 million European Jews murdered in the Holocaust.

Sauce, goose, gander etc. Make up your mind which.

There was more transengender shit on Breakfast time this morning - apparently kids in schools are all confused about gender identity. I told the mrs to switch the shit off and never put breakfast time on a again in the morning.

BBC wants clearing out. They are all fcuking mental and have lost the plot.

I note you quite Wiki regarding Katyn. Wiki also quotes 6 million European Jews murdered in the Holocaust.

Sauce, goose, gander etc. Make up your mind which.
He’s correct on a technicality - the photo caption says 6 million were killed in camps, as opposed to 6 million killed in the holocaust.
The article is about those killed in the holocaust but doesn’t quote figures

Latest Threads