BBC Reporter Orla Geurin to get an MBE

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Letterwritingman, Apr 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Orla Geurin is to get an MBE. This woman who has consistently filed biased anti Israeli reports and was in fact removed from Israel by the BBC after one report went to far resulting in an official Israeli Government protest to the BBC is getting an award!

I cant feckin understand it, she couldn't be more a supporter of Terrorism if she strapped on a vest of explosives herself.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1114322084286

2. No LWM it's perfect.

She either accepts it through gritted teeth (to be a Member of the British Empire for a serial leftie is more shameful than being convicted of kiddy fiddling) and shows the world and all her mates what a hypocrite she is, or she defiantly refuses it and proves her bias to the world.

It's a stroke of genius!

3. Edited. Double post, cyber-stuttering....

4. Actually yes I see it now.................hard to think when the 'Red Mist' descends. Thank you AWOL :D :D :lol:

5. While I don't think Geurin deserves an honour I do get annoyed when it is taken as fact that disaggreeing with Israel automatically makes someone "Anti-Semitic". Does telling a gay man to shark somewhere else make you a homophobe? Does disliking GWB and his policies make you irrevocably anti-American?

6. Agree with Bladensburg, I'm afraid she reports what Israel are doing on the ground - and if we don't like what we see, it's probably because what they do is unpalatable. I kind of feel the same way about Israel as I do about the Right Unreverend Ian Paisley - I know they're supposed to be on 'our side' but I can't help hating who they are, what they do and what they espouse.

7. Couldn't agree more.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

She's not even British is she? Bogtrotter from the south I beleive. If so why is she even on the list? Bloody foreigners <harumph> :twisted:

9. Ahh yes being Southern 'Oirish and being so feckin right on she may have a problem with accepting.

Still a lefty scumbag

10. The Jerusalem Post article gives one example of her supposed Anti-Israel reporting - the 'intoduction' to the media of a dunce suicide bomber.

If Israel is indeed 'stunned' by this award on the basis of pretty standard reporting then my pr*ck's a bloater. And is it news ? - no the award was due to be presented last year, so presumably 2004 birthday honours ?

11. Thats all very well, but if she was anywhere near being a good journo, she would report both sides of the story and not just the 'attrocities' commited by the 'heinous occupation force' that is the IDF. But then again that wouldnt match her slanted liberalist views. Did she miss the last few years of suicide bombers targeting civilians or was she to busy in her ivory tower?

Pinko!

12. What is wrong with highlighting the illegal actions of a corrupt and ultimately 'illegitimate' state - the so called Israel. Evil two faced bastards.

Let's not forget how the Palestinian people were made strangers in their own homes by 1. the terrorism carried out against British servicemen who were controlling the post-war protectorate, and by 2. the subsequent mealy mouthed British reaction by giving into the fcukers to appease the American jewish/zionist lobby.

Sadly its now too late to roll up Israel and fcuk its occupants back to where they came from, (Europe & America- NOT the Middle East). So, and as most Palestinians would agree, the Israelis should be driven back within the originally agreed borders and confined there. They should then be prohibited from practising aparthied against the natives (Palestinians) within those borders, and the 'occupied territories' returned to their rightful owners.

I would like to think that I'd fight as hard and as long to regain a foothold in my own land. Put it this way: If Germany had done slightly better during the last war and invaded GB, who reading this (Movers aside!) would not have fought or still be fighting to regain their land? I can't condone all Palestinian actions, but I can understand and sympathise with the actions of a desperate stateless people with 'right' on their side.

• Like Like x 1
  13. She's bloody annoying, with a whiny "Oi'm Oirish, Oi onderstand sofferin'" accent and has a hand-wringing touchy-feely approach. Not surprising that she's up for a gong in this wretched country!

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

yeah seconded/thirded whatever....I have to say when I saw the thread title my immediate thought was " Well done her"....can't say I've noticed her being stridently anti-Israeli....she's covered the Intifada pretty steadily for about the last five years and I can't imagine it's been very comfortable....I think anyone who has been in Gaza etc for that length of time tends to see the Israeli forces through non-rose coloured spectacles.

Is it anti-Israeli to be disgusted that the Army lieutenant who shot dead the Brit wearintg a fluorescent surcoat has just been aquitted of his manslaughter ? What a load of cock that is.

Mind you, our Orla is Irish, so she may be less than impressed with a pat on the back from Tony's cronies.....

Le Chevre

15. Give the Fenian bitch an MBE but secretly let her know that in the old days it would have been a BEM!!