BBC: Ratko Mladic jailed for life over Bosnia war genocide

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Nov 22, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stonker

Stonker On ROPs

I was only looking for a coupla "funnies" . . .

• Like Like x 1
  2. And what is your point? Details of the story should be discussed elsewhere. Moscow tried to normalise relations with Japan and released some Japanese from the jail. And what?
    You fail to understand one very simple thing. Russia is a sovereign state and is not Washington's puppet as Great Britain. Washington didn't sign ICC statute. So Moscow withdraw its signature as a sovereign state doing this in own national interests. It was absolutely lawful decision and it doesn't contradict to the International Law.
    Please stop teach us, better lecture the Americans. Propose them to sign the statute.
    Oh Reuters of the World again. Though even this low quality 'news'-agency presents an explanation.
    Indeed the court is extremely ineffective.
    You may find this useful
    the definition of moralist

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. You bring up other war crime trials but I can’t do the same?
    Ah, ‘snotty’ Sergey is back in the chair. You forgot ‘poodle’
    Only you are allowed ‘whataboutery’?
    You’re (very) trying to lecture me and Russia withdrew due to the illegal annexation of Crimea. It had a hissy fit.
    Of course. But Russia didn’t veto it. It vetoes CW inspections but not war crime trials. You only dislike Reuters because of Bellingcat and MH17.
    So why make the thread whinging?
    Thank you. Now about your (not so) casual racism?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Why do you ask me? There is a freedom of speech and opinions.
    It is very helpful, fruitful to compare similar things, events.
    Now Border Collie would be more suitable.
    ... the fact that Washington didn't sign ICC statute and it would be illogical for Russia to remain.
    You may mention Crimea. I may mention theoretical responsibility for new Iraqi-style wars. Really it is not so important. The very idea of ICC is stillborn in current geopolitical environment.
    This definition might be helpful for you
    the definition of idiotism

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  5. This is very interesting moral dilemma, see Comrade Bob of Southern Rhodesia. If you never allow a ruling dictatorial monster a safe way out of power, how can you effect peaceful change in a country?

6. Why ask me to discuss the Sov war crimes trials on another thread then?
    Almost funny. It is renowned as the most intelligent of dogs so thank you
    Why sign it then?
    I mentioned Crimea as that was the reason Russia threw a hissy fit and left.
    Yet you whine on a thread here about it
    :) sticks and stones Sergey

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm well aware about it - that Border Collie is the most intelligent dog and also Poodle is the second in the list of most intelligents breeds.
    Btw, there are now 2 dogs in our family - 14yo American Staffordshire terrier Berry and small black puppy Poodle Sonny.

8. Slobodan Praljak, who was convicted and sentenced to 20 years, has taken the SS way out and committed suicide by drinking poison in the court room.

War criminal dies after drinking poison

Committed? Dedicated? Or just a nutter?

9. Stonker

Stonker On ROPs

All three.

Also very Old Skule.

As befits a man with attitudes rooted in the 14th Century.