BBC: Ratko Mladic jailed for life over Bosnia war genocide

In my opinion, yes.
Naser Orić - Wikipedia

Namely mr.Oric, in violation of special status of Srebrenica enclave, ordered raids deep inside Serb controlled territory when many houses were burned, people killed, robbered.
Namely he in fact provoked the Serbs to eliminate this wasps nest.
So why he was finally acquitted?
For political reasons. Washington decided to portray the Serbs as evil murderers and Bosnian Muslims as innocent victims.
Look at him
As you like 'whataboutery' Khabarovsk War Crime Trials - Wikipedia
...hearings held between 25–31 December 1949...
....In 1956, those who were still serving their sentence were released and repatriated to Japan...
Talking of political motivation:
Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov has called for the United Nations war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia to be shut down in the interest of stability in the Balkans.

In an interview with the Interfax news agency, Mr Ivanov said there was no need for the Hague-based tribunal, which was set up to prosecute suspects for alleged war crimes committed during the wars following the break-up of Yugoslavia.
Russia withdraws signature from international criminal court statute
Russia withdraws from ICC because of a hissy fit about Crimea
Russia abstains from vote on Yugoslav war crimes tribunal
Oh, Russia absteins from the tribunal vote:
The U.N. Security Council on Monday extended the work of the judges of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, but Russia abstained from the vote because it said the resolution did not address inefficiencies of the court.
You may find this useful: the definition of hypocrite

Poor hair style? Yes he is not bald but shamelessly bold.
As for guilt then one point is undisputable. He ordered, instigated military operations from UN established safe zone. In this context he should be punished unconditionally.
Why make the statement "Look at him"? Is your closet racism bubbling over?

And what is your point? Details of the story should be discussed elsewhere. Moscow tried to normalise relations with Japan and released some Japanese from the jail. And what?
You fail to understand one very simple thing. Russia is a sovereign state and is not Washington's puppet as Great Britain. Washington didn't sign ICC statute. So Moscow withdraw its signature as a sovereign state doing this in own national interests. It was absolutely lawful decision and it doesn't contradict to the International Law.
Please stop teach us, better lecture the Americans. Propose them to sign the statute.
Oh Reuters of the World again. Though even this low quality 'news'-agency presents an explanation.
DECEMBER 18, 2012
The U.N. Security Council on Monday extended the work of the judges of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, but Russia abstained from the vote because it said the resolution did not address inefficiencies of the court.
Indeed the court is extremely ineffective.
Since it was set up in 1993, the tribunal has indicted 161 people for crimes stemming from the wars that shattered the Yugoslav federation, of whom 15 have been acquitted. Proceedings are ongoing for 31 suspects.
You may find this useful
the definition of moralist

Last edited:
And what is your point? Details of the story should be discussed elsewhere. Moscow tried to normalise relations with Japan and released some Japanese from the jail. And what?
You bring up other war crime trials but I can’t do the same?
You fail to understand one very simple thing. Russia is a sovereign state and is not Washington's puppet as Great Britain.
Ah, ‘snotty’ Sergey is back in the chair. You forgot ‘poodle’
Washington didn't sign ICC statute.
Only you are allowed ‘whataboutery’?
So Moscow withdraw its signature as a sovereign state doing this in own national interests. It was absolutely lawful decision and it doesn't contradict to the International Law.
Please stop teach us, better lecture the Americans. Propose them to sign the statute.
You’re (very) trying to lecture me and Russia withdrew due to the illegal annexation of Crimea. It had a hissy fit.
Oh Reuters of the World again. Though even this low quality 'news'-agency presents an explanation.
Of course. But Russia didn’t veto it. It vetoes CW inspections but not war crime trials. You only dislike Reuters because of Bellingcat and MH17.
Indeed the court is extremely ineffective.
So why make the thread whinging?
Thank you. Now about your (not so) casual racism?

You bring up other war crime trials but I can’t do the same?
Why do you ask me? There is a freedom of speech and opinions.
It is very helpful, fruitful to compare similar things, events.
Ah, ‘snotty’ Sergey is back in the chair. You forgot ‘poodle’
Now Border Collie would be more suitable.
You’re (very) trying to lecture me and Russia withdrew due to...
... the fact that Washington didn't sign ICC statute and it would be illogical for Russia to remain.
You may mention Crimea. I may mention theoretical responsibility for new Iraqi-style wars. Really it is not so important. The very idea of ICC is stillborn in current geopolitical environment.
Thank you. Now about your (not so) casual racism?
This definition might be helpful for you
the definition of idiotism

Last edited:
B

benjaminw1

You may well be right. Is impunity for war criminals a good thing?
This is very interesting moral dilemma, see Comrade Bob of Southern Rhodesia. If you never allow a ruling dictatorial monster a safe way out of power, how can you effect peaceful change in a country?

Why do you ask me? There is a freedom of speech and opinions.
It is very helpful, fruitful to comapre similar things, events.
Why ask me to discuss the Sov war crimes trials on another thread then?
Now Border Collie would be more suitable.
Almost funny. It is renowned as the most intelligent of dogs so thank you
.. the fact that Washington didn't sign ICC statute and it would be illogical for Russia to remain.
Why sign it then?
You may mention Crimea. I may mention theoretical responsibility for new Iraqi-style wars.
I mentioned Crimea as that was the reason Russia threw a hissy fit and left.
Really it is not so important. The very idea of ICC is stillborn in current geopolitical environment.
Yet you whine on a thread here about it
This definition might be helpful for you
the definition of idiotism
:) sticks and stones Sergey

Almost funny. It is renowned as the most intelligent of dogs so thank you
I'm well aware about it - that Border Collie is the most intelligent dog and also Poodle is the second in the list of most intelligents breeds.
Btw, there are now 2 dogs in our family - 14yo American Staffordshire terrier Berry and small black puppy Poodle Sonny.

Slobodan Praljak, who was convicted and sentenced to 20 years, has taken the SS way out and committed suicide by drinking poison in the court room.

War criminal dies after drinking poison

Committed? Dedicated? Or just a nutter?