BBC Radio -- Your questions to NATO boss

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by WHYS, Apr 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tonight on World Have Your Say on World Service radio. Your questions to NATO Secretary General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer.

The man himself will be live at 1700 GMT (1800 London time). He's one of the world's most influential men and I expect many ARRSE members will have worked for him at some point . . . this is a unique opportunity to ask him whatever you like.

More info here:

Call if there's any pre-chat
    0207 557 0635
  2. My bold - since when ? He can't even get member states to man up and share the load.
  3. Yeah - it was always great working with him. He was always in and out of my office when I was in NATO. Oh no, wrong guy - thought you were talking about someone else. Those Dutch/belgian/german names all sound alike.
  4. No. Despite his grand title, he is quite, quite ineffectual in anything other than being the public voice of whatever compromise decision the individual member states can eventually decide to agree upon.
  5. I think NATO works on consensus rather than compromise, though from what I see it makes little difference, still like herding cats and the same old countries still do the work.
  6. Gents, let's ask questions. My one:

Dear mr.Scheffer do you agree that NATO is in the deep crisis now?
  7. How exactly does one scheff a hoop :?