• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BBC Radio 4

I wonder if this will this form part of the debate ... Privatising MOD Procurement ... linky ... Weapons procurement could fall to private sector under new proposals | UK news | guardian.co.uk as one of the radical solutions ?
I look forward to assessing whether or not the programme amounts to nothing more that an articulation of the current unsatisfactory state of affairs using the most extreme examples of procurement stupidity followed by a 'solution' being postulated that is not a million miles away from what is to form future government policy - Government propaganda masquerading as analytical journalism produced with a view to eliciting public support presented by a ex-soldier to enhance its credibility!

I look forward to assessing whether or not the programme amounts to nothing more that an articulation of the current unsatisfactory state of affairs using the most extreme examples of procurement stupidity followed by a 'solution' being postulated that is not a million miles away from what is to form future government policy - Government propaganda masquerading as analytical journalism produced with a view to eliciting public support presented by a ex-soldier to enhance its credibility!
Horseshit. From what I know of Francis he's got a damn site more cred as a journalist than some time spent at Sandhurst, and isn't likely to be bum kissing anyone.

I once heard another defence journalist ask publicly, on seeing Francis Tusa on TV - "does his mother know he's skipping school today" :)

Could be worse - he could be Rob Fox, who writes shite, even by the Standards low standard.

ehwhat

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Any update from those who were able to listen? I'll be trying to catch it on 1 Jan, but will still have guests. The "as radical as we need to be" statement doesn't engender a great deal of faith in the solutions being useable. I'm a bit tired of the grandstanding for very short term gain that seems to be prevalent in every greater areas.

Any update from those who were able to listen? I'll be trying to catch it on 1 Jan, but will still have guests. The "as radical as we need to be" statement doesn't engender a great deal of faith in the solutions being useable. I'm a bit tired of the grandstanding for very short term gain that seems to be prevalent in every greater areas.
Why? Do you expect some of us to have a time machine?

Tuesday 27 dec, on BBC Radio 4 at 8pm

No easy time given here by the presenter just some harsh facts came out again .....

So to sum up the broadcast on MOD Procurement …there appears to be a lack of professionalism , required skills …in an organisation which has an auto immune system resistant to change …with a lack of accountability … projects being delayed with the short term aim of freeing up finance for operational needs but at the bigger expense of final project costs…. initial project costs knowingly made low to ensure they will start … few are cancelled …. to name a few of the failings .

It will take 5 years to reform …. but in 2020 equipment presumably such as Scimitar purchased in the 70’s may still be in use ….. after all six attempts have been made to replace .

Not a reassuring picture … I am off to have a glass or two of Merlot .

No easy time given here by the presenter just some harsh facts came out again .....

So to sum up the broadcast on MOD Procurement …there appears to be a lack of professionalism , required skills …in an organisation which has an auto immune system resistant to change …with a lack of accountability … projects being delayed with the short term aim of freeing up finance for operational needs but at the bigger expense of final project costs…. initial project costs knowingly made low to ensure they will start … few are cancelled …. to name a few of the failings .

It will take 5 years to reform …. but in 2020 equipment presumably such as Scimitar purchased in the 70’s may still be in use ….. after all six attempts have been made to replace .

Not a reassuring picture … I am off to have a glass or two of Merlot .
You need simply to have Really?Fascinating or his girlfriend Cecilia reassure you that since one or other 'doesn't recognise the problem', then obviously it's all trumped-up . . . . ours is the best Army in the world, doncha know.

God said It Shall Ever Be So, and So It Shall Be.

Woe betide Unbelievers.

Latest Threads