BBC Radio 4

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jemadarjo, Dec 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tuesday 27 dec, on BBC Radio 4 at 8pm, you can here me speak words of great wisdom. or maybe not.

2. How is young Francis?

3. 20:00
    Buying Defence
    Is Britain wasting billions through bad defence procurement? Francis Tusa investigates

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Hardly young, he's the same age as me. Haven't seen him for 15 years or so.

5. Slightly impertinent, granted -as he's slightly older than me . I've shot him a few times both for the Beeb and Sky. He makes a refreshing change from John Nicholl.

6. Gremlin

Bollocks, you're younger than I am!

7. I look forward to assessing whether or not the programme amounts to nothing more that an articulation of the current unsatisfactory state of affairs using the most extreme examples of procurement stupidity followed by a 'solution' being postulated that is not a million miles away from what is to form future government policy - Government propaganda masquerading as analytical journalism produced with a view to eliciting public support presented by a ex-soldier to enhance its credibility!

8. Gremlin

Horseshit. From what I know of Francis he's got a damn site more cred as a journalist than some time spent at Sandhurst, and isn't likely to be bum kissing anyone.

9. I once heard another defence journalist ask publicly, on seeing Francis Tusa on TV - "does his mother know he's skipping school today" :)

Could be worse - he could be Rob Fox, who writes shite, even by the Standards low standard.

10. ehwhat

ehwhat Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Any update from those who were able to listen? I'll be trying to catch it on 1 Jan, but will still have guests. The "as radical as we need to be" statement doesn't engender a great deal of faith in the solutions being useable. I'm a bit tired of the grandstanding for very short term gain that seems to be prevalent in every greater areas.

11. Gremlin

Why? Do you expect some of us to have a time machine?

Tuesday 27 dec, on BBC Radio 4 at 8pm

12. Not by much I think!

13. Blast - wrong thread!

14. Was his Lordship expecting the Archers perchance?