BBC Radio 4 - Women in Uniform

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by currymunter, Oct 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I listened to two AGC female soldiers on a programme today who were serving with 3 Para in Afg. One was describing going out on patrol and being spat on by local men for not being covered up. I am sure she said that Canadian female soldiers wore face veils when on patrol to pacify the local mediaeval turds.

Does anyone know if this is true? If so, Canada is seriously fecked.
  2. I highly doubt it.

At most, some CIDA (canada's version of DFAIT) types MAY choose to wear headscarves, out of respect for local tradition.

As for female soldiers, I can 99% say they would not wear face veils.
  3. Back in the day there were many members of the WRAC who would done everyone a favour by adopting the veil.
  4. I'm a couple of well-placed rounds would be adequate self-defence against phlegm-borne hepatitis or eh?
  5. They were spat at by local men??? Something tells me this could be a bit over the top as we never stood for them spitting at the lads never mind any attached women.

Something tells me such "Locals" would have found themselves scudded by the nearest Soldier in Three seconds flat.

On the few occasions we took women out I found that the local males just refused to acknowledge their presence point blank in conversation. Although like westeners they would have a good perve! (At their wrists and neck :D )