BBC Question Time - does it need to change?

Alright, alright.
Jeremy Clarkson then. I think it would do the panel some good to know that their moderator has form for going 'full retard' if provoked. It would add a certain frisson to heated debates.

1. Too many panellists - 3 enough, sometimes 4

2. Electric shock and mic mute for rent-a-gob performers

3. Prepared to empty chair individual crying off - tough titties on party

4. Must be a strong Chair not interview role, poss Iain Dale ??

5. Audience 'whoopers' evicted

6. more local audience and panellists

7. Less jibber jabber about futre shows

8. free wine & cheese for home viewers with 12yrs arrse membership

I posted a wee rant on the QT Commentary thread https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/question-time-commentary.222767/post-8530355. In which I posited that QT currently is dull and Dimbleby needs to go, as do the production team.

You, dear reader, may agree or not with that so let's hear your thoughts.

Does it need to change, yes or no and if yes how?

Who should be the presenter: Dimbleby, he is ok, or someone else?

I think Dimbers needs to go and be replaced with a younger, more thrusting presenter not scared of the panellists.

The obvious ones are Andrew Neil and Jeremy Paxton but really they are near the end of their career. Let's have a younger, braver presenter wishing to make a name for themselves, but please, not of the Snowflake generation.

I would like to see Julia Hartley Brewer as presenter, some of the LBC ppradio presenters who are not afraid of ripping a new one for politicians.

Who would you, dear Arrseratti, like to see in the QT hot seat?
hell yes it needs to change!!!!!

1. Andrew Neil in the chair
2. A ban on overloading the panel with left wing commentators and remainers
3. disciplinary sanctions on anyone lying or refusing to answer eg Punk either answer or leave the stage last chance!
4. a ban on overloading the audience with shouty left wingers

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
1. Too many panellists - 3 enough, sometimes 4

2. Electric shock and mic mute for rent-a-gob performers

3. Prepared to empty chair individual crying off - tough titties on party

4. Must be a strong Chair not interview role, poss Iain Dale ??

5. Audience 'whoopers' evicted

6. more local audience and panellists

7. Less jibber jabber about futre shows

8. free wine & cheese for home viewers with 12yrs arrse membership
No8 will pick up some votes on here! :cool:

hell yes it needs to change!!!!!

1. Andrew Neil in the chair
2. A ban on overloading the panel with left wing commentators and remainers
3. disciplinary sanctions on anyone lying or refusing to answer eg Punk either answer or leave the stage last chance!
4. a ban on overloading the audience with shouty left wingers
Perhaps the time has come for a more radical format review. Something along the lines of this.
It wouldn't particularly matter who won. It would just be nice to review the slo-mos of the choicer blows landing on the most deserving grids in Christendom.

Why not take the HIGNFY approach - guest hosts

That way, Paxman can dip in whilst he winds down, JHB can display embonpoint for Arrsers, Ferrari can do his thing (lot of time for that chap), Andrew Neil can wind up the SNP, hell, let’s get Jacob R-M in there with the Abbopotomus and Thornberry on the panel.

Agree with the OP entirely, QT needs a huge shake up from the presenter to the runners

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Why not take the HIGNFY approach - guest hosts

That way, Paxman can dip in whilst he winds down, JHB can display embonpont for Arrsers, Ferrari can do his thing (lot of time for that chap), Andrew Neil can wind up the SNP, hell, let’s get Jacob R-M in there with the Abbopotomus and Thornberry on the panel.

Agree with the OP entirely, QT needs a huge shake up from the presenter to the runners
Good old Arrse, educational at all times (well nearly all).

Good old Arrse, educational at all times (well nearly all).
Bugga! Thanks AY,the Porta 6 Reserva is kicking in, duly edited.

Every day is indeed a school day on Arrse :cool:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bugga! Thanks AY,the Porta 6 Reserva is kicking in, duly edited.

Every day is indeed a school day on Arrse :cool:
Wasn't the slight typo, it was the word wot i hadn't seen before. Google search didn't bother with the missing 'i' :p

Ah! Got you, well, glad to be of (almost) use!

In the spirit of education through presentation (hopefully I’ll be allowed in the Int Cell), I feel it’s imperative one is able to associate the vocabulary with imagery :p

A83C44C8-054E-44CF-90CE-245AE892F079.jpeg

Dimbleby is the main reason I drifted away from QT, the frustration of him intervening in a panellists answer with fatuous comments or distracting adiums proved too much. The program needs a more free fire approach rather than the dinner party banality it has long ago drifted into.