BBC Question Time - does it need to change?

I posted a wee rant on the QT Commentary thread https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/question-time-commentary.222767/post-8530355. In which I posited that QT currently is dull and Dimbleby needs to go, as do the production team.

You, dear reader, may agree or not with that so let's hear your thoughts.

Does it need to change, yes or no and if yes how?

Who should be the presenter: Dimbleby, he is ok, or someone else?

I think Dimbers needs to go and be replaced with a younger, more thrusting presenter not scared of the panellists.

The obvious ones are Andrew Neil and Jeremy Paxton but really they are near the end of their career. Let's have a younger, braver presenter wishing to make a name for themselves, but please, not of the Snowflake generation.

I would like to see Julia Hartley Brewer as presenter, some of the LBC ppradio presenters who are not afraid of ripping a new one for politicians.

Who would you, dear Arrseratti, like to see in the QT hot seat?
I feel it needs buxum young fillies on the panel and sharks with laser beams

Do we need it at all? The format is tired and an opportunity only for dull politicians to grandstand and for an unrepresentative audience to interject with nonsense. In an effort to make it more accessible to a younger audience, they'll stick a rap dj or a reality tv celeb on the panel.

Other than helping secure continuing licence payer-funded employment for David Dimbleby when he should be out in his garden clipping the wisteria, isn't it time to say goodbye to it altogether (along with the other arm of the Dimbleby dynasty franchise - R4's 'Any Questions?').

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She might let Sandi Toksvig take the reins (SWIDT) for a while as she seems to be popping up more often than is palatable. If she does then her shadow Susan Calman will be on the panel.
Sandi Toksvig, Clare Balding, Susan Calman - now let me think, what do they all have in common!!! Still, it seems to be the only way to get on in the BBC!

Sandi Toksvig, Clare Balding, Susan Calman - now let me think, what do they all have in common!!! Still, it seems to be the only way to get on in the BBC!
3 way burger munching?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I feel it needs buxum young fillies on the panel and sharks with laser beams
My God! You have actually cum (sic) up with a sensible and practical solution for once ;)

I posted a wee rant on the QT Commentary thread https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/question-time-commentary.222767/post-8530355. In which I posited that QT currently is dull and Dimbleby needs to go, as do the production team.

You, dear reader, may agree or not with that so let's hear your thoughts.

Who should be the presenter: Dimbleby, he is ok, or someone else?

I think Dimbers needs to go and be replaced with a younger, more thrusting presenter not scared of the panellists.

The obvious ones are Andrew Neil and Jeremy Paxton but really they are near the end of their career. Let's have a younger, braver presenter wishing to make a name for themselves, but please, not of the Snowflake generation.

I would like to see Julia Hartley Brewer as presenter, some of the LBC ppradio presenters who are not afraid of ripping a new one for politicians.

Who would you, dear Arrseratti, like to see in the QT hot seat?
Julia Hartley-Brewer is totally unsuitable for the job because she is an out-and-out Tory and would not be neutral. Having big tits is not a qualification either....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Julia Hartley-Brewer is totally unsuitable for the job because she is an out-and-out Tory and would not be neutral. Having big tits is not a qualification either....
Poof! :p

Neutrality something Andrew Neil is particularly adept at but so many presenters would struggle.
Hosting a call in radio show is not the same as hosting QT. Controlling outspoken ego maniacs and ranters on the panel. I'm not saying J H-B couldn't do it but ideally we would want someone who definitely can.

Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
With Dianne Abbott as a panellist.
"You disappoint me, Number Three"
(Presses button)
Abbott meets a fiery, sharky, pirahna-infested end.
blofeld.jpg

You know it makes sense.

I think that an out and out Tory is the only thing that will stop Yin from bedwetting due to perceived 'bias'