BBC producer finds death threat note on plane

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, Jun 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some BBC producer has found a note in the Khazi of an Egyptian Airliner threatening to 'burn the plane'. Rather than flushing the thing and carrying on with the journey she decided to tell the cabin crew who diverted the plane to Glasgow. They'll now all be sitting there for some time whilst anti-terror police investigate instead of making their way to JFK.

BBC News - Plane diverted to Glasgow Prestwick Airport after 'problem'

She obviously took the trouble to phone the story through to the newsdesk though.

2. Technically, it was diverted to Prestwick which is only Glasgow in a sense of an Easyjet advert - i.e you've another hour plus to get there from the plane. They weren't sent to Glasgow.

So some silver lining on the cloud.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The food's the same.

4. I thought the terror SOP was to get the RAF to force the plane to go to Stansted where the SFO plod could have a crack at them.

There'd better not be any French on board - I've given the scouser DUKW sinking a swerve - and definitely have no interest in heading to Prestwick.

5. The 'reporter' is phoning a report through to BBC news. She seems to think she has landed in Ireland. They're all in for a nasty shock when the doors are opened.

• Like Like x 2
  6. The cynic in me wonders if the woman who 'found' the note is responsible for it.

7. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I don't know how you get up in the morning, thinking like that, and about someone at the BBC too...

• Like Like x 5
  8. The trusting optimist in me gets up first and makes coffee.

• Like Like x 1
  9. There's about 5 blunts (reporters) where I'm working now who are all saying the same thing. The jealous bints.

10. How did they manage to find a couple of flyboys on a weekend?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aye, but did you see her name? She was probably offended in some racial/religious way and so had to play an attention seeking card.

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

If any ARRSERS have been diverted to Glasgow this evening, please give me a shout. I have chums up the West End and some interesting associates to the east.

13. Overtime payments.^_~

14. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

For all that spooky theorists gab on about the Illuminati and so forth, it's really ARRSE that runs things.