BBC now quiet on Prescott

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bravo2nothing, Jul 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been looking through various online newspapers and Sky News and most seem to be carrying stories on Pressa's behaviour, various requests for investigations, recent poll results on his popularity etc and on the BBC...................................NOTHING...........

Is the BBC really the Blair Broadcasting Corporation?

2. The BBC is merely the propoganda wing of New labour, a once great and respected institution has been prostituted. It is in breach of its own charter.

3. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

This is the norm now for the BBC - I expect nothing more of them - bunch of bottom-feeding X.

4. Politically driven witch hunts from the media are as far removed from what right thinking people in our country want as adulterous shabby politicians should be.
    It's not up to the media to force the deputy prime minister into behaving honourably.
    I see no head hanging in shame, no remorse- behaving like an arssehole and getting away with it is the norm nowadays.
    In the absence of any sense of decency at all amongst his fellow cabinet by not sacking the man and observing many others who behave in such a immoral manner what alternatives are left to us the public?
    Let us identify our own future representatives ourselves. People that we can have confidence in- men and women of proven honour and integrity. Then let us support and promote and back them into power and then we will take this country forwards into a better future.
    Whinging just won't cut it. We need to take action now

5. The public now know exactly what he is; it's no longer news. He is bringing the government down by Bliar's refusal to sack him, the reason he won't could be due to his fear of a deputy leadership election. Prescott has enough rope and in due course, will do the decent thing.

6. The reason he won't sack him is because Fatboy has been privy to all the dirty goings on at Number 10 since 1997. He's already been offered a very big pile of money for his memoirs, and Tony's only hope is to keep him on board until his own departure in the not too distant future.

So in essence, our Prime Minister is being blackmailed by threats of betrayal by a corrupt, adulterous and incompetent sidekick, so sordid tales of his own corruption and incompetence won't come out.

Makes you proud to be British.

7. The BBC has always been a one sided media group nothing changes.

However I have to admit it, after hearing Prescot defend himself
    on various radio broadcasts I have become a supporter of him.

How many other Labour goons would do an interview after being
    publically humiliated ?

I would rather have an idiot but strong leader such as Prescot than
    a weak and penny pinching leader such as Brown.

That Brown man really does Scare me :cry:

8. Couldn't have put it better.