Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goldfishfart, Oct 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I really can't believe it!, just flicked BBC 1 on to catch the news, the news reader says A parade has taken place to welcome back Somme Company from serving in Afganistan, great thinks I, a well done for the Londons scene switches to parade FOR LITERALLY ONE FLIPPIN' SECOND!!!! just long enough to notice a mix of headgear (yep thats them)
    Then shifts to give in depth coverage to some old blither about moving a church & who was there etc (to be honest I was so cheesed off I couldn't tell you much about it!) I just can't believe it. If one of the lads or lasses was in bother you could guarantee 'an in depth report'. I'm so disgusted I don't know what to do with myself Aaaagh! too peed off to type any more, W@nkers!!!
  2. Read the return of Somme company for details
  3. Yes mate thanks, have been reading it, I was just frustrated by the blink and you'll miss it item on their last bulletin, I think/believe the troops deserve a bit better.
  4. Channel Four News gave the event a decent airing tonight.
  5. Quite agree, i think it depends on regional tv, ours up here seem to spend a few minutes on returning battalions, a bit longer than the Somme Company got.

Oh an a belated welcome back to them.