BBC Newsnight 9/11 Special

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skein_Dubh, Sep 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC listed Christina Schmidt amongst its panelists for tonights Newsnight 9/11 Special.
    Any idea why she wasn't on the programme after all?

I was looking forward to her bringing the personal touch instead of listening to the usual drivel from David Milliband et al.
  2. Glad she wasn't in it. Fair play she has suffered a huge loss, but I want to hear from people with an in depth understanding of all the issues surrounding this.

God knows why there is a playwrite there though.
  3. its all a big conspiracy. explosives were used to bring down the twin towers like a controlled demolition.
  4. Irony/sarcasm is often lost in text. I hope.
  5. Cos she writes fiction too?
  6. Fixed that.
  7. Bonnie Greer is quite possibly the most annoyning individual I have listened to. For her to say 'poor muslims' 'think about the muslims' is frankly an insult to the memory of those who died on 9/11 and everyone who has died as a result of the aftermath, including our soldiers. I know this point has been pushed and pushed, but if the moderates actually ousted the extremists then we may 'think about the muslims'. But honestly, I'm thinking more of the innocent people around the world living under fear.

To summarise, I think she is a ****.
  8. Agreed, Greer is a tawt. The Female Eunuch was shiyte too.
  9. Possibly, but I'd love to go ocean swimming with her!
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

That was by Germaine Greer, annoying Aussie ****.

The person on TV is Bonnie Greer annoying Yank ****.
  11. boring. switched over to 911 conspiracies. Jack Ruby did it
  12. Oh dear Auld Yin......reeled in. Yeeeha!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The audience was politically euthanised by the BBC, anxious not to offend anybody so close to St Skyscrapers' Day. That's why it's shite.

I'm amazed they haven't got a token poof / stnd-up 'comedian' on the panel.

Boring BBC tripe.

Edited to add: I grovel - I thought you were talking about the Question Time, not the Newsnight thingy.
  14. Then why the Fcuk is David Milliband there?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

cos he was part of the team who wrecked the fco, scrapping the library and language school while turning it into paperwork central, which hague is slowly rebuilding to his credit.

him and his brother must be crap at decorating - they both have paint in their hair