BBC Newsnight 9/11 Special

BBC listed Christina Schmidt amongst its panelists for tonights Newsnight 9/11 Special.
Any idea why she wasn't on the programme after all?

I was looking forward to her bringing the personal touch instead of listening to the usual drivel from David Milliband et al.

Glad she wasn't in it. Fair play she has suffered a huge loss, but I want to hear from people with an in depth understanding of all the issues surrounding this.

God knows why there is a playwrite there though.

its all a big conspiracy. explosives were used to bring down the twin towers like a controlled demolition.

Bonnie Greer is quite possibly the most annoyning individual I have listened to. For her to say 'poor muslims' 'think about the muslims' is frankly an insult to the memory of those who died on 9/11 and everyone who has died as a result of the aftermath, including our soldiers. I know this point has been pushed and pushed, but if the moderates actually ousted the extremists then we may 'think about the muslims'. But honestly, I'm thinking more of the innocent people around the world living under fear.

To summarise, I think she is a ****.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Agreed, Greer is a tawt. The Female Eunuch was shiyte too.
That was by Germaine Greer, annoying Aussie ****.

The person on TV is Bonnie Greer annoying Yank ****.

The audience was politically euthanised by the BBC, anxious not to offend anybody so close to St Skyscrapers' Day. That's why it's shite.

I'm amazed they haven't got a token poof / stnd-up 'comedian' on the panel.

Boring BBC tripe.

Edited to add: I grovel - I thought you were talking about the Question Time, not the Newsnight thingy.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
cos he was part of the team who wrecked the fco, scrapping the library and language school while turning it into paperwork central, which hague is slowly rebuilding to his credit.

him and his brother must be crap at decorating - they both have paint in their hair

I sort of guessed that bit, but was alluding to the fact that he was the token stand up comedian, even though he was sat down!

BBC:

Muslim groups across the UK have issued statements of remembrance for the tenth anniversary of 9/11.

The Muslim Council of Britain, the largest umbrella body, said 9/11 was "an evil and criminal act of monstrous proportion."

"Muslims the world over have nothing to do with such an act of hate and destruction that drove the 9/11 bombers.

"Our prayers today are for the 3,000 innocent lives lost and thousands of other innocent men, women and children who have since lost their lives elsewhere as a result of the senseless wars unleashed in its wake."

A further 50 groups, led by the Islamic Society of Britain, the Radical Middle Way and Inspire, said: "As a community we have rejected the terrorists, the emptiness of their words and the futility of their actions. They have nothing to offer the world.

"Communities have come together to find common ground and resolve differences. For those of us who are Muslims, our faith gives us hope- a hope shared by people of all faiths and of none - for a world free from terror and injustice."