BBC NEWS with the RAF

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Office_Linebacker, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if its already been posted already, couldn't see it.

2. undermanned??? I thought they had the most leeway with manning of the three services!

They would probably find it easier if they multitasked rather than doing just one job which both the Army and the Navu would class as secondry roles to their main jobs but still have to do them!!
  3. why i oughta.......
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

We do & are cross trained.As an armourer, could work anywhere in the trade from the bomb dump to small arms armoury,Tornado sqn to EOD.
    We (the aircraft trades) are also trained to do flight line serviceing (the blokes you see around the airport with the light bats)
    At Bruggen,my main job before I moved to a Tornado Sqn fulltime was in the Armoury but I also did load team on the squadrons in wartime or excersise.
    Apart from that every few months we did guard duty for a week which included armed roving patrols or (as was my case) Duty Armourer where you live,sleep,sh*t ect at work in case the was a security alert & the whole guard was mobilised,first to us for the gats.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Was it you at Raf Bruggen 1984 spike lol,
    1984 - Nuclear Incident

On the 4 September 2007, the British military admitted that there had been an accident with a nuclear weapon at RAF Brüggen on 2 May 1984. The nuclear weapon fell from a transport truck, as the missile wasn't securely attached to the truck. The weapon was 8 times stronger than the bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima in 1945. The casing was x-rayed after the incident, and found to have been undamaged, a testament to the inherent strength of nuclear weapons casings. The six people/military staff who were responsible for the accident, received a reprimand for their actions in the incident.

Nothing worse than being at RAF BRUGGEN when they dragged the nukes out for some fresh air.
  6. 8 Times stronger than hiroshima.. Its frightening what nukes can do nowadays.,
  7. Specially as Fat Man was only about a kiloton and a WE177 Bomb (not missile) is at least a Megaton, depending on what you do with it.
  8. Attached Files:

9. Maybe if the Fleet Air Arm actually did a bit more to their aircraft they wouldn't need Serco/BAeS/Mawsons/DARA to do all their real servicing and you might actually have some air assets. As i actually work amongst these paragons of technical ability i can actually agree to some extent of the phrase Jack Tar of all trades master of none :lol:
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

7 Years Flash to Bang.

"Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman!".
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Give him a year or two to get thoroughly bedded-in.
    • Like Like x 2

13. Slow fusion Reactor?
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I should think plenty of new information has come to light in this time, yes.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.