BBC News - is it fit for purpose?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
at least we Islingtonians understand who and what we are voting for .

at least we Islingtonians understand who and what we are voting for .
We 'legacy' voters, you know, the people who kept Labour alive during the Thatcher years, now recognize we have been back-shafted by a north London cabal of roll-eyed fanatics obsessed with identity politics. The Guardian comments pages made absorbing reading following the 2019 election. We understand everything, We particularly understand the evident contempt we are held in by wokist snowflakes.
The trouble for Labour is now that Scotland has gone, the only chance of ever forming a majority government (and I mean the ONLY chance) is to win back the (former) red wall.
Above all we understand this.
Nothing has been forgotten - watch and learn.

Last edited:
I suspect that by tomorrow morning the Islington chatterati will have received a sharp lesson to the effect that the beliefs they hold so dear, the rest of the country despises.

"But we won the message"

- © Corbyn, J, 2019

RedDinger

War Hero
varied accounts put Severus as being Mauritanian, but that he was also given as born in Leptis Magna . That Is now in Libya. I think I read somewhere that at the time of the Roman empire, Libya was an adjunct of Egypt and smaller than it is now. So when they say black, they could mean Arab- more accurately Mediterranean, more akin to Tunisian. That does not prevent him being darker given the admixture in that region. As far as aI know Chlorus died in York ( C the G’s father) as well
But surely Arabs are lily white? Have you not seen pictures of Jesus?

...as wooden as his dad's tool but at least he's down with the bruvvers

Slime

LE
Every advert on R4 is about some black struggle/identity/deficiency podcast on BBC Sounds

I'm amazed that 3% of a population makes up such a large proportion of the news or current affairs.

Perhaps they cause a disproportionate amount of crime, or social problems?

This isn't about news but since Roman or Greek gods have been mentioned...

After watching something interesting on another channel I noticed there was a show called "Handmade wood" on BBC4. Rather than struggle to make sense of the title I decided to take a look. It was a bloke making a Windsor chair. He used manual tools but also electricity. He didn't make the wood though. That grew from trees. It was a pleasant enough film, a bit like the canal boat journey.

Anyway, next up is Bethany Hughes on the Roman god Bacchus. Hughes looks positively enthralled with what she is going to impart to the audience. Something extraordinary has been discovered far below London. This story is really apt for our times... :roll: Oh really? This sounds ominous...:blank:

Bacchus, Bethany excitedly beams is depicted as effeminate and has breasts... So he was obviously transgender..

:censored: This sounds like projection and pandering, not science. There was a bunch of people in Bavaria were in to that sort of thing...

Bacchus may have been hermaphrodite perhaps or maybe drinking so much gave him/her/it tits? Maybe it was decided by committee. After all they were in to a bit of mix and match? Does Bethany think people should be trans species too? After all various Roman gods were depicted as part human, part animal...

Did the Roman's have people who convinced kids to delay their natural growth and undergo "corrective surgery"? Perhaps the Tavistock clinic can branch out in to chimeras? :crazy:

...but she does have some good points to make...

ff00b7359eac59a615e1290fc1a6c10e.jpg

I could watch them... her... all day...

Every advert on R4 is about some black struggle/identity/deficiency podcast on BBC Sounds

I'm amazed that 3% of a population makes up such a large proportion of the news or current affairs.
Have you seen the presenters on 5 Live recently, they show name hasn't changed but the presenters have....Anglo Saxon at 5 Live ? Do not take leave

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
We 'legacy' voters, you know, the people who kept Labour alive during the Thatcher years, now recognize we have been back-shafted by a north London cabal of roll-eyed fanatics obsessed with identity politics. The Guardian comments pages made absorbing reading following the 2019 election. We understand everything, We particularly understand the evident contempt we are held in by wokist snowflakes.
The trouble for Labour is now that Scotland has gone, the only chance of ever forming a majority government (and I mean the ONLY chance) is to win back the (former) red wall.
Above all we understand this.
Nothing has been forgotten - watch and learn.
Wokist snowflakes phrase has given you away as being infected by made up news and words or am i just being gammon ?

Other than that your points are very valid, but what can we do for the next few years but consolidate plan and prepare for the next election and how to counter the internet controllers . Korea China USA phillipines Nigera et al ?

Wokist snowflakes phrase has given you away as being infected by made up news and words or am i just being gammon ?

Other than that your points are very valid, but what can we do for the next few years but consolidate plan and prepare for the next election and how to counter the internet controllers . Korea China USA phillipines Nigera et al ?
I am an ex Labour Party activist living in the North. Usual thing canvassing and leafleting. I left the party because it became infected by a surfeit of corbynist bacilli who preferred orchestrated barracking to debate, howling me down as a 'Red Tory'. Things like that tend to make you re-assess your beliefs. Just sayin'.
PS my critical faculties are intact and as sharp as a razor, thanks.

Last edited:
BBC 5 Live is pushing a podcast by a character name of 'big narstie' on BBC Sounds about the Brixton Riots. I'll bet the narrative is characteristically balanced ('da police was really out for trouble'). Don't forget this propagandist bilge is made with licence fee payers money

Slime

LE
BBC 5 Live is pushing a podcast by a character name of 'big narstie' on BBC Sounds about the Brixton Riots. I'll bet the narrative is characteristically balanced ('da police was really out for trouble'). Don't forget this propagandist bilge is made with licence fee payers money

Big narstie has appeared on a few Beeb panel shows.
Imho he always seems completely out of his depth, and looked like he was there to be the token black panellist.

He has been a presenter on other shows that were aimed at a younger or ‘less Beeb‘ audience, and fitted in more.
The Beeb just haven’t sussed that having Big Narstie or Jemma Collins do a podcast just won’t bring a youthful audience back to Beeb terrestrial TV.

Imho he always seems completely out of his depth, and looked like he was there to be the token black panellist.

He has been a presenter on other shows that were aimed at a younger or ‘less Beeb‘ audience, and fitted in more.
The Beeb just haven’t sussed that having Big Narstie or Jemma Collins do a podcast just won’t bring a youthful audience back to Beeb terrestrial TV.

A token black panellist who because of his morbid obesity or something else, can barely string a cconversation together.

I agree with the 'out of depth' bit.

Christ, I had to Google him to see why he's now a 'sled' and it appears he's a Rapper. I bet it sounds just like a cockney-accented petrol lawnmower.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

A week or two back he was on Bake Off apparently. Presented a handful of dog turd biscuits and was pretty much laughed off the set. "Phoned in sick" next day.

So Zero Alpha tells me.

Latest Threads