BBC News - is it fit for purpose?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's interesting how the coverage of Hunt and Johnson is presented Boris is all boo hiss boo and Hunt is well... bland

It's interesting how the coverage of Hunt and Johnson is presented Boris is all boo hiss boo and Hunt is well... bland
When Hunt was accusing Johnson of running away from another TV hustings debate, reporters who had covered the junior doctors’ dispute must’ve been itching to remind him that he’d run away from Sky News attempts to interview him alongside doctors.
But they managed not to.

I’m not overjoyed at the prospect of PMBJ- even if it sounds like a bit of aprés midi slap and tickle- but Hunt is Theresa May’s protégé, which should be enough to disqualify him from the office.

BBC 6 O’Clock News economics editor Faisal Islam stated that Sajid Javed was “playing down his shock” at 0.2% shrinkage of the UK economy.
Really? Does Islam know that Sajid Javed is in a state of shock? How does he know? Such subjectivity is obviously intended to paint a picture not only of the chancellor’s ignorance of the state of the economy- but also muted panic at the revelation of the dip.

It’s not surprising that the BBC take on the downturn is that it’s a result of a potential no deal Brexit, rather than the interminable delay brought about by remainer politicians’ refusal to implement the referendum result.

BBC 6 O’Clock News economics editor Faisal Islam stated that Sajid Javed was “playing down his shock” at 0.2% shrinkage of the UK economy.
Really? Does Islam know that Sajid Javed is in a state of shock? How does he know? Such subjectivity is obviously intended to paint a picture not only of the chancellor’s ignorance of the state of the economy- but also muted panic at the revelation of the dip.

It’s not surprising that the BBC take on the downturn is that it’s a result of a potential no deal Brexit, rather than the interminable delay brought about by remainer politicians’ refusal to implement the referendum result.

This is the usual response by the beeb re Brexit ..

1565451645043.png

There’s rather a good letter in today’s Daily Telegraph.
EDAC713C-C506-4300-A60D-A4505EB46B4E.jpeg

I noticed those two stories too and wondered when the newsreader was going to hail Brexit for helping save the planet.
I was quite perplexed when they seemed to forget to do so.

Hippohunter

Old-Salt
Absolutely not. The BBC is no longer a reporter of the news but only serves its own interests. For example covered up the activities of the many paedophiles working for them to protect their reputation. Was do pro unionist biased in the Scottish referendum of 2014 it was beyond belief to protect their tv licences. Way past any useful purpose.

BBC Business News earlier today gave Hotel Chocolat a 10-minute-long extended advert on the pretext of reporting the company having “gone into mourning” for the loss of the company’s Chocmobile van, which was stolen and has now been found burnt out.
Presumably the same degree of coverage will be given to the heartbreaking news of any subsequent loss of commercial and company vehicles.
On Brexit news, I see that the BBC News channel is filling time by inviting advisors to Theresa May’s government into the studio to give us the benefit of their opinions on Boris’s progress.
Because obviously their opinions are worth a tuppenny toss. Unsurprisingly Poppy Trowbridge (no, me neither) thinks that we should try harder to work out a trade deal with the EU.

BBC Business News earlier today gave Hotel Chocolat a 10-minute-long extended advert on the pretext of reporting the company having “gone into mourning” for the loss of the company’s Chocmobile van, which was stolen and has now been found burnt out.
Presumably the same degree of coverage will be given to the heartbreaking news of any subsequent loss of commercial and company vehicles.
On Brexit news, I see that the BBC News channel is filling time by inviting advisors to Theresa May’s government into the studio to give us the benefit of their opinions on Boris’s progress.
Because obviously their opinions are worth a tuppenny toss. Unsurprisingly Poppy Trowbridge (no, me neither) thinks that we should try harder to work out a trade deal with the EU.
We should be working hard on a trade deal with the EU, but negotiations can and should continue post Brexit not interfere with it. Afterall the USA have said they're prepared to enter into sector by sector negotiations so why can't the EU?

That may have been an inside job.The van was losing so much money it might have been a convenient to dispose of it instead of admitting defeat.

Latest Threads