BBC News - is it fit for purpose?

I think this sums up what most people feel about the beeb these days!

1560954603188.png
1560954603188.png

[DRIFT]

You’re receiving this email because you signed this petition: “Public inquiry into the bias in the BBC”.

To unsubscribe from getting emails about this petition: Petition: Public inquiry into the bias in the BBC.

Dear RCT(V),

Parliament is going to debate the petition you signed – “Public inquiry into the bias in the BBC”.

Petition: Public inquiry into the bias in the BBC

The debate is scheduled for 15 July 2019.

Once the debate has happened, we’ll email you a video and transcript.

Thanks,

The Petitions team
UK Government and Parliament

[/DRIFT]

If i have not already posted the link, I apologise.

I imagine it will be of interest to those reading this . . .

I hate the BBC

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just flicked on the BBC News channel to find the news reader head down, looking at her mobile ‘phone and recommending stories on the BBC News online site! If I wanted to read/ watch news online, I wouldn’t have turned the telly on- and the channel has 24 hours a day to present the stuff. One of the online stories the newsreader flagged up was the one asking what the point is of Ivanka Trump: she might well have asked it of herself.

ericferret

War Hero
Just flicked on the BBC News channel to find the news reader head down, looking at her mobile ‘phone and recommending stories on the BBC News online site! If I wanted to read/ watch news online, I wouldn’t have turned the telly on- and the channel has 24 hours a day to present the stuff. One of the online stories the newsreader flagged up was the one asking what the point is of Ivanka Trump: she might well have asked it of herself.

Todays online BBC news relegates the squabling at the EU over who gets the top job in Europe. Given that we are still in the EU this should be front page UK.
However it shows the EU in a bad light and as this is part of the reason why many voted to leave the EU the BBC doesn't want to promote anything that shows Brexit in a positive light.

President Macron told reporters: "we must learn from this setback - we're projecting an image of Europe which isn't serious, and we need better preparation for these meetings". He lamented that "what's lacking is a feeling and duty to defend Europe as a whole".

To paraphrase, our attempt to manipulate the situation and shoe in our chosen men has failed, boo hoo.

Another quote

French President Emmanuel Macron said the nominations were "the fruit of a deep Franco-German entente".

Paraphrase, Bugger the rest of you.

Last edited:
Did she also mention that today we will be told how much the BBC pays their "top talent"?

Did she also mention that today we will be told how much the BBC pays their "top talent"?
“top talent” must realise that the BBC still guarantees them a massive platform- many of them were given their breaks by the corporation. I’d set their fees at a very realistic level and invite them to take it or leave it- plenty more waiting in the wings for their chance.
Besides, most of the BBC’s most interesting programmes are fronted by academics on BBC2 and BBC4. The Corporation recently listed it’s top earning “talent” here:-
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Top 10 highest-paid BBC stars[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]
  • Gary Lineker: £1,750,000 - £1,754,999.
  • Chris Evans: £1,250,000 - £1,254,999.
  • Graham Norton: £610,000 - £614,999.
  • Huw Edwards: £490,000 - £494,999.
  • Steve Wright: £465,000 - £469,999.
  • Alan Shearer: £440,000 - £444,999.
  • Andrew Marr: £390,000 - £394,999.
  • Zoe Ball: £370,000 - £374,999.
If the BBC cut all of the content in which these people appear, it would not be the poorer for it to any real extent.
Indeed, when the BBC talks about cutting services, it talks about cutting the most interesting channels- it should be waving goodbye to it’s collection of shiny, but grossly overpaid, “stars”.
[/COLOR]

philc

LE
I watched the lunch time news yesterday and I was surprised to learn they have a dedicated LBQT correspondent, it (careful with the pro noun or whatever) was covering some march in New York.

BBC News names first LGBT correspondent

BBC Africa presenter Ben Hunte has been named as the corporation's first LGBT correspondent.

I watched the lunch time news yesterday and I was surprised to learn they have a dedicated LBQT correspondent, it (careful with the pro noun or whatever) was covering some march in New York.

BBC News names first LGBT correspondent

BBC Africa presenter Ben Hunte has been named as the corporation's first LGBT correspondent.
F f s.
I had to ask what B and T stood for.
Bisexual and tranny.
So, you want it both ways (to coin a phrase) and this makes you a minority that needs speshul status.

Can we have a Correspondent for straight f.ckers now

Good to see that at least the Telegraph has seen fit to shoot down the fake news story about security information being withheld from Boris Johnson when he was Foreign Secretary.
It seems that aides of the Tory’s outgoing useless leader- Theresa May (in case you’ve already forgotten), briefed the press in an attempt to smear Boris- and the BBC were only too delighted to run the non-story at the top of their bulletins all day yesterday.
The Telegraph story quotes security minister Ben Wallace- “The ridiculous story being run by the BBC about Boris is total tosh. No minister- cabinet or junior- sees all intelligence. They see what is relevant to their briefs and warranty. He was never cut out of any loop. The ‘need to know’ principle always applies.”
The BBC really needs to have a good look at itself in relation to its attempts to make the news rather than reporting on it.

Latest Threads