BBC News - is it fit for purpose?

They'd say it was racist.
They already say Trump is racist - even though he's not. They repeated it on BBC QT last night. Especially Labour - they are the worst at making such accusations.
So you think you know what the BBC would say? And who from the BBC on question time said POTUS was racist? Who is “they”?

So you think you know what the BBC would say? And who from the BBC on question time said POTUS was racist? Who is “they”?
I don't know as I don't own a tv but at 1828 on 050619 the news reoter said that the US had a political leader that no one could trust.
That is not part of news or even explanation of the news, it is a small minded opinion by a very biased commentator.

So by extrapolation ("Joe Public is a pretty ignorant fellow") you're saying that BBC executives are ignorant. Well done for agreeing with me.
Indeed.. and I included myself of course. And you..

BBC as a whole needs an overhaul, the way it is funded how much people are paid, and how it uses public money should all be put up for review. e.g Head of the BBC should not be allowed to earn more than the PM, as a public servant they should not earn more than the PM. "Celebs" pay needs reining in, and as the same for Politicos their expenses culture needs severely curtailing.

Can someone please tell me what is the point of sending a journo to a location (Badweather, cat dying, frog crossing) when the individual in the studio has already told us what has happened and the idiot on the ground repeats exactly the same thing except looking cold, wet and claiming expenses.
You've got it arrse about face. It's the idiot in the studio who goes off half cocked and explains the story before the bloke at the location can. It's a regular complaint from the reporters on the ground who are, as a result more informed than the 'News reader'.

What's wrong with claiming expenses?

You've got it arrse about face. It's the idiot in the studio who goes off half cocked and explains the story before the bloke at the location can. It's a regular complaint from the reporters on the ground who are, as a result more informed than the 'News reader'.

What's wrong with claiming expenses?
My point is, if the numpty in the studio is doing the lot, money does not need to be wasted by sending another numpty to the area and tell us the same thing...public money wasted or is that the thing, it is only the Plebs money so sod it.

Just thought I’d ask.
As I’ve said elsewhere, I don’t drink or take drugs, but did note your description of his audience.

I’m sure your other half will be delighted at how you view the audience ;)

Is she a drunk, druggie or ugly?
Neither but she deals with quite a few as she runs the local SSAFA office. Like most women they thrive on other peoples arguments and likes the shouting, she normally has it on for background noise as she's dealing with cases on her laptop at home, 7 days a bloody week (they're supposed to do 2 x 1/2 days a week as unpaid volunteers but the sheer amount of work from cases and SSAFA HO makes that impossible).

Last edited:
BBC as a whole needs an overhaul, the way it is funded how much people are paid, and how it uses public money should all be put up for review. e.g Head of the BBC should not be allowed to earn more than the PM, as a public servant they should not earn more than the PM. "Celebs" pay needs reining in, and as the same for Politicos their expenses culture needs severely curtailing.
I agree an overhaul is needed.
It's not the bloke at the top, who does a good job and earns his money (more so than most PMs) but the various layers of management who have no apparent role but are on salaries that are more than comparable with business that need a good looking at.

At the bottom of the heap you have the actual workers at the coal face who are on comparatively low rates:
A freelance cameraman working with BBC gear is paid £100 per day less than Sky News crews.
Having said that, most of us oldsters work with our own camera kit and are able to command good daily rates.
The youngsters or those without kit are on some of the lowest rates of any major broadcaster in the world.

My point is, if the numpty in the studio is doing the lot, money does not need to be wasted by sending another numpty to the area and tell us the same thing...public money wasted or is that the thing, it is only the Plebs money so sod it.
How the f uck do you think the numpty in the studio knows what's going on in Manbij (for example) unless some other numpty risks his life going there to find out. Perhaps you think the news is all gleaned from the internet? Guess what - whilst he's there maybe he can film some stuff and send it back to the studio to describe what's happening.

As a matter of interest how do think 'news' is gathered?

Hmm. You are obviously struggling to make a killer observation-how about you get on and make it.
Feck no, I'm having fun. You do know about 55 Tufton St and their connection with the BBC?

Last edited:
Of course he isn't, a bad man made him say all of this shit.

Opinion | Donald Trump’s Racism: The Definitive List
Yeah, about that . . . you are aware that the NYT can (being somewhat generous) best be described as 'Liberal' in it's outlook. Of course, you'll know that it's endorsed every Democratic Presidential candidate since 1960-thus, it is certainly no friend of Trump.

But you knew that, eh, champ?

Yeah, about that . . . you are aware that the NYT can (being somewhat generous) best be described as 'Liberal' in it's outlook. Of course, you'll know that it's endorsed every Democratic Presidential candidate since 1960-thus, it is certainly no friend of Trump.

But you knew that, eh, champ?
CGAF champ. What do the reports say? Is there anything inaccurate?

Latest Threads