• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

BBC News - is it fit for purpose?

Another BBC reporting anomaly at the moment is the reluctance to mention the accusations that Corbyn was a spy. Regardless of the veracity of the story, the fact that the PM has remarked on it and that another MP has asked for Corbyn to be called before a committee might just be considered a tad newsworthy. But no, apparently a Kosovan refugee's British born daughter headlining at some warbling award night deserves far more coverage ( i.e. Some coverage) on the six o'clock news last night. This on the day that Corbyn made veiled threats against press freedom.
ITV did a good report on it, especially around Corbyns threat to the media (papers) reporter called it very brave. News anchor said there is another word for it ;)

Kuenssberg is back again. Either something is about to happen regarding ‘Brexit’ or the BBC are opening the tap a little more on some aspect of it.

Or.. they’ve decided now is an Ok time to ‘ease her back’ after the over exposure of her they subjected us to a while back.

Just now on Breakfast:

A female former Group Captain doing the newspaper review as the invited guest

Presenter asks; "Where you in the Welsh Guards?"
:frustrated:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just now on Breakfast:

A female former Group Captain doing the newspaper review as the invited guest

Presenter asks; "Where you in the Welsh Guards?"
:frustrated:
Her reply? "No, but I have had some WG in me!" :D :-*

I just had to switch off BBC news I'm afraid and I'm really not given to histrionics. Jeremy Corbyn had just been explaining to the fragrant (Or should that be odorous?) Laura how his party policy is to negotiate a new customs' union with the EU after Brexit. Next thing out of Huw Edwards' grid: "So, what does it mean if Britain stays in the EU customs' union?" Then allowed his correspondent to explain how it meant the UK wasn't really leaving the EU. Not only is Labour not the government, but that isn't even what he proposes.

Talk about twisting the narrative. Odious, disingenuous tw4t!

I just had to switch off BBC news I'm afraid and I'm really not given to histrionics. Jeremy Corbyn had just been explaining to the fragrant (Or should that be odorous?) Laura how his party policy is to negotiate a new customs' union with the EU after Brexit. Next thing out of Huw Edwards' grid: "So, what does it mean if Britain stays in the EU customs' union?" Then allowed his correspondent to explain how it meant the UK wasn't really leaving the EU. Not only is Labour not the government, but that isn't even what he proposes.

Talk about twisting the narrative. Odious, disingenuous tw4t!

The point is that his party have to, they've no alternative; they dismantled our Customs service. HMRC Largely does not control it collects. UKBF is largely about Immigration with a remnant of Customs work tagged on and that's mostly the P& R side. Plus it's clear that people like Andy Burnham want to see the country dismantled into regions so that the identity of England is ditched. He was on this morning talking about t'Northern power'ous and t'Great Northern exhibition. Reminded me of the Goodies and T' noble art of Eccky' Thump. It also goes back to to the EU demands that we belong to bits of France "For ease" of administration. But what really got me was his insistence that the ability to deal on our own behalf was a trade off that we retained the trade with Europe. The man's a fool of the first water.
Firstly why wouldn't that trade continue post Brexit- we don't have to raise tariffs against Europe. Secondly he thinks that seeking other outlets is illusory. Just as well he was never in business then. You can add defeatist to the list.

Resurrected to ask whether it's time BBC News stopped referring to "Russian Spy Poisoning" and started to refer to "Suspected Russian use of WMD (or nerve agent if you must) in Salisbury".

The point is that his party have to, they've no alternative; they dismantled our Customs service. HMRC Largely does not control it collects. UKBF is largely about Immigration with a remnant of Customs work tagged on and that's mostly the P& R side. Plus it's clear that people like Andy Burnham want to see the country dismantled into regions so that the identity of England is ditched. He was on this morning talking about t'Northern power'ous and t'Great Northern exhibition. Reminded me of the Goodies and T' noble art of Eccky' Thump. It also goes back to to the EU demands that we belong to bits of France "For ease" of administration. But what really got me was his insistence that the ability to deal on our own behalf was a trade off that we retained the trade with Europe. The man's a fool of the first water.
Firstly why wouldn't that trade continue post Brexit- we don't have to raise tariffs against Europe. Secondly he thinks that seeking other outlets is illusory. Just as well he was never in business then. You can add defeatist to the list.
Okay, but what about the BBC?

The same can be said in any retail outlet that employs mainly women, the banter and language used in rest rooms during coffee/dinner breaks can be equally jaw dropping.
My brother worked in a Panasonic factory assembling microwaves for a while with a predominantly working class female workforce. He thought their behaviour was about as bad as you could find anywhere and the banter was just as bad. They'd bring in their dildos, compare them and get up to all sorts of "mischief" with them.
Another lad, a friend of the family was working in a factory, 16 & straight from school.
First day there he was stripped by the women and covered from head to toe in the grease used to lube the machinery. the rest of his time there he suffered the constant taunts about the size of his manhood etc.

I'd love to think what would happen if that behaviour was done with the genders reversed.

220px-Uk-grable2.jpg

I just love the fact that in BBC world, Black actors portraying historically white characters is something to be applauded, whilst white actors taking on asian roles is called 'white washing' which is evil.

Bloody white people, the world would be far better off without us.

I just love the fact that in BBC world, Black actors portraying historically white characters is something to be applauded, whilst white actors taking on asian roles is called 'white washing' which is evil.

Bloody white people, the world would be far better off without us.
Curious that Europe was into the Age of Enlightenment but the indigenous peoples of sub-Saharan Africa had only just formed a focus group to look into uses for the wheel.

I believe that it has yet to report back.

D

Deleted 154930

The BBC has always been attenuated to whatever the chattering classes think, or have concerns for. They are unrepresentative of the majority of the population, but at least when it was created, that class were patriots.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just heard on the Victoria Derbyshire programme when discussing the number of stabbings in the black community. A black guy from London came on and boy was he primed with buzz words. He started off by saying he was The Voice of the People. He then said London is Black and needs to be run by Black people. He then carried on to say that many in the Black Community were suffering from Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome!! FFS PTSS.

Not one of these statements was challenged in any way, he was just allowed to spout his shoite and the programme just moved on.

This is a terrible way top present issues in the country and to my mind does the young guy's contention no good whatsoever. There was absolutely no attempt to balance what the young guy was saying and he was allowed to pursue his victim status throughout. No pointing out that in the main it is black guy stabbing black guy!

This seems to be becoming typical BBC fare.

The BBC lost all objectivity and balanced reporting during the Scottish referendum of 2014 ax they had a vested interest in retaining 800,000 licence fees. Since then it has been an increasingly swift downward spiral into biased one sided reporting on almost every topic imaginable. The BBC should just report the news and leave it to us to make up our own minds. It is now a series of editorial pieces with a distinct slant.

Just heard on the Victoria Derbyshire programme when discussing the number of stabbings in the black community. A black guy from London came on and boy was he primed with buzz words. He started off by saying he was The Voice of the People. He then said London is Black and needs to be run by Black people. He then carried on to say that many in the Black Community were suffering from Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome!! FFS PTSS.

Not one of these statements was challenged in any way, he was just allowed to spout his shoite and the programme just moved on.

This is a terrible way top present issues in the country and to my mind does the young guy's contention no good whatsoever. There was absolutely no attempt to balance what the young guy was saying and he was allowed to pursue his victim status throughout. No pointing out that in the main it is black guy stabbing black guy!

This seems to be becoming typical BBC fare.
Ain't it true blood. Raasta BBC botty boyz

I remember Victoria Derbyshire interviewing a woman about her overweight daughter. The mum was outraged that the doctors were insulting the girl.
Victoria asked how they were insulting her and the reply was that the doctors and nurses were saying she was an "OBEAST". Mum said she wasn't she was a lovely shy girl.

Latest Threads