BBC News;Dad & 3 sons heads to Iraqistan.

Did anyone else see the artice on BBC news last night about Major M, based in Selle who,along with his 2 sons,(One is already there) is deploying to Iraq.

Good Luck to you & your sons, Sir.Stay safe.

BBC News article.Click me.

Regards,
Spike

Yes I did. Good on them. I felt a bit sorry for his Doris though, the whole bloody family away in a oner, it'll be a tough tour for her no doubt.

there was a lady on gmtv this morning too, whose 3 sons are heading out there. Royal Anglians i believe...Rawson?

I know quite a few fathers and sons who are currently serving together and have done so on Ops. I also know of five brothers who served together in the same Regiment.

Anyone else know or have served with any fathers and sons or bands of brothers? :D

TheBigUn said:
I know quite a few fathers and sons who are currently serving together and have done so on Ops. I also know of five brothers who served together in the same Regiment.

Anyone else know or have served with any fathers and sons or bands of brothers? :D
Obviously I can't name names but my old Regiment 3RTR was renouned for its family ties Several groups of brothers, and father and sons.

Good thing was this made the national news & the newscaster wished them the bet of luck on air.So maybe Aunties support for our lads is growing.
Regards,
Spike

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
TheBigUn said:
We have a father/son combo in my Coy. They were on Telic 4 together. ( And the Army Navy '08 ).

I saw the article too.Apart from the R Anglian connection,the sappers get a look in too,and one of the sons appears to be recently commissioned in R Anglians.A formidable family indeed!

The interview was very interesting. I loved the 10 second pause after the interviewer asked "Do you think the war is worth it?" (Referring to him and his 3 sons deploying).

I know Danny Mackness well as my old QM, he was a real character and did alot for the Bn.

Good luck sir and your sons stay safe and look out for each other