BBC News;Dad & 3 sons heads to Iraqistan.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, May 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Did anyone else see the artice on BBC news last night about Major M, based in Selle who,along with his 2 sons,(One is already there) is deploying to Iraq.

Good Luck to you & your sons, Sir.Stay safe.

BBC News article.Click me.

Regards,
    Spike

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yes I did. Good on them. I felt a bit sorry for his Doris though, the whole bloody family away in a oner, it'll be a tough tour for her no doubt.

3. there was a lady on gmtv this morning too, whose 3 sons are heading out there. Royal Anglians i believe...Rawson?

4. I know quite a few fathers and sons who are currently serving together and have done so on Ops. I also know of five brothers who served together in the same Regiment.

Anyone else know or have served with any fathers and sons or bands of brothers? :D

5. Obviously I can't name names but my old Regiment 3RTR was renouned for its family ties Several groups of brothers, and father and sons.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Good thing was this made the national news & the newscaster wished them the bet of luck on air.So maybe Aunties support for our lads is growing.
    Regards,
    Spike

7. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

We have a father/son combo in my Coy. They were on Telic 4 together. ( And the Army Navy '08 ).

8. I saw the article too.Apart from the R Anglian connection,the sappers get a look in too,and one of the sons appears to be recently commissioned in R Anglians.A formidable family indeed!

9. The interview was very interesting. I loved the 10 second pause after the interviewer asked "Do you think the war is worth it?" (Referring to him and his 3 sons deploying).

10. I know Danny Mackness well as my old QM, he was a real character and did alot for the Bn.

Good luck sir and your sons stay safe and look out for each other