BBC News - British soldiers battling to recover after injury

#2
T_M_H said:
Chaps,

Apologies if this has been done before.

But just spotted it at work.

BBC News online
So from 23 beds at Headley Court to 66 and 96 by the end of the summer but there is no need for a Military Hospital.
I Wonder what the precise numbers are for Selly Oak.

Nice to see H4H get a mention even though they are paying for something that should have been paid for by the government.

Paging Liam Fox, Liam Fox to the Fixit, fix it now courtesy phone.

Aside to chaps
I also think the BBC should be censured for showing the ghastly facial damage to to the guy in the wheelchair.
<ringadingding>
 
#3
This really f***s me off, the fact the government should have fronted bills at Headley in the first place, that we are so dependent on charity. Dr Fox, stand by your word and look after the boys/girls who have given their all. I am all for H4H now, but this is a government cop-out!
 
#4
PE4rocks said:
T_M_H said:
Chaps,

Apologies if this has been done before.

But just spotted it at work.

BBC News online
So from 23 beds at Headley Court to 66 and 96 by the end of the summer but there is no need for a Military Hospital.
I Wonder what the precise numbers are for Selly Oak.

Nice to see H4H get a mention even though they are paying for something that should have been paid for by the government.

Paging Liam Fox, Liam Fox to the Fixit, fix it now courtesy phone.

Aside to chaps
I also think the BBC should be censured for showing the ghastly facial damage to to the guy in the wheelchair.
<ringadingding>
Why?
 
#5
bigbird67 said:
PE4rocks said:
I also think the BBC should be censured for showing the ghastly facial damage to to the guy in the wheelchair.
<ringadingding>
Why?
I concur with BB67. Why show some poor guy on two artificial limbs? Or a triple amputee? Because they are what the story is about - the horrific injuries suffered by our troops.

I would have preferred it if the government of the day payed up rather than H4H or other charities as well.
 
#7
Just seen this on BBC one o'clock news.

A good report, but I would have preferred a larger mention for the fact that Help for Heroes has funded the soon to be open swimming pool.

It was the final sentence and felt like an add-on.
 
#8
No i meant why should the BBC be censured for showing the chap with the facial disfigurement!
 
#9
Because he's an ARRSEr
 
#11
Good to the see the PTI still thrash you regardless of injury!!!!!
 
#12
bigbird67 said:
sparky8 said:
Because he's an ARRSEr
who, the guy with the face injuries? He can't be ID'd on here from that
Bigbird - take a deep breath...and change you brain from normal mode to ARRSE mode.

The chap in the wheelchair doesn't have (or at least no obvious) facial injuries.....it just so happens he is a member of ARRSE and therefore it was an easy pop at him to suggest that he is an ugly sod who didn't even try and smile for the camera.

S_R
 
#14
Aaah now i get you!! In the early beeb report there was a young lad with quite obvious facial reconstruction work...i thought it was HIM being referred to :D
 
#15
bigbird67 said:
sparky8 said:
Because he's an ARRSEr
who, the guy with the face injuries? He can't be ID'd on here from that
Whhhhhhoooooooooooosssssshhhhhhh.(1)



(1) Unlike you to miss a bit of, er, extraction.
 
#16
PE4rocks said:
T_M_H said:
Chaps,

Apologies if this has been done before.

But just spotted it at work.

BBC News online
So from 23 beds at Headley Court to 66 and 96 by the end of the summer but there is no need for a Military Hospital.
I Wonder what the precise numbers are for Selly Oak.

Nice to see H4H get a mention even though they are paying for something that should have been paid for by the government.

Paging Liam Fox, Liam Fox to the Fixit, fix it now courtesy phone.

Aside to chaps
I also think the BBC should be censured for showing the ghastly facial damage to to the guy in the wheelchair.
<ringadingding
>
:clap: Very good, made me laugh!
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#18
Just caught the 1 o clock version and they cut Dingerr out! Bugger, will have to stay sober and watch the 6 o clock news!
 
#20
ugly said:
Just caught the 1 o clock version and they cut Dingerr out! Bugger, will have to stay sober and watch the 6 o clock news!
Just seen him on the 10pm news,doffs cap to him & all the others.
Dinger,you deserve a few pints & a straw!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads