BBC News - British soldiers battling to recover after injury

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by T_M_H, May 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps,

Apologies if this has been done before.

But just spotted it at work.

BBC News online

2. So from 23 beds at Headley Court to 66 and 96 by the end of the summer but there is no need for a Military Hospital.
    I Wonder what the precise numbers are for Selly Oak.

Nice to see H4H get a mention even though they are paying for something that should have been paid for by the government.

Paging Liam Fox, Liam Fox to the Fixit, fix it now courtesy phone.

Aside to chaps
    I also think the BBC should be censured for showing the ghastly facial damage to to the guy in the wheelchair.
    <ringadingding>

3. This really f***s me off, the fact the government should have fronted bills at Headley in the first place, that we are so dependent on charity. Dr Fox, stand by your word and look after the boys/girls who have given their all. I am all for H4H now, but this is a government cop-out!

4. Why?

5. I concur with BB67. Why show some poor guy on two artificial limbs? Or a triple amputee? Because they are what the story is about - the horrific injuries suffered by our troops.

I would have preferred it if the government of the day payed up rather than H4H or other charities as well.

6. Just seen this on BBC one o'clock news.

A good report, but I would have preferred a larger mention for the fact that Help for Heroes has funded the soon to be open swimming pool.

It was the final sentence and felt like an add-on.

7. No i meant why should the BBC be censured for showing the chap with the facial disfigurement!

8. Because he's an ARRSEr

9. who, the guy with the face injuries? He can't be ID'd on here from that

10. Good to the see the PTI still thrash you regardless of injury!!!!!

11. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Bigbird - take a deep breath...and change you brain from normal mode to ARRSE mode.

The chap in the wheelchair doesn't have (or at least no obvious) facial injuries.....it just so happens he is a member of ARRSE and therefore it was an easy pop at him to suggest that he is an ugly sod who didn't even try and smile for the camera.

S_R

12. I don't know his surname and screen name does have a 'ring' to it :p

13. Aaah now i get you!! In the early beeb report there was a young lad with quite obvious facial reconstruction work...i thought it was HIM being referred to :D

14. Whhhhhhoooooooooooosssssshhhhhhh.(1)

(1) Unlike you to miss a bit of, er, extraction.