BBC Military documentaries-----worth a watch.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by mcreature, Sep 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  1. Oh God No!!! This is going to be a Tropper fest. JLR RAC, 17/21L and The Charge of the Light Bde :shock:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

I do wish you ******* would keep up,we did this weeks ago
  3. You can't blame me for the BBC wanting to imortalize my early career in the British army, much as Tacitus did with my time in the II Legio Agusta
  4. Trooper/Jim24 why have you posted using two separate usernames on the same thread?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. cos I is using two different computers, init, operated by two different people, me and Jim24
  6. We all know you're Jim24. You set that account up after you forgot your login details for your Tropper account.
  7. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It was odd to hear the Booties in the Borneo documentary "Jungle Green" complaining about not being allowed to cross the border given that they were soon to be involved in Claret Ops. Maybe the on-camera whinging decided it for the incoming Government.
  8. FFS I have a stalker, actually your very useful, as when you are as old as I am the old memory is failing, but with you there , I have a ready to use second memory device
  9. Hardly a stalker just have a good memory. And you mentioned using the Jim ID on a certain faceache group when Forastro was trying to ban you
  10. ACA (Wessex) at 2.45.
  11. :judge: Luv ya Jim
  12. Talking of documantatries, I was in one (albeit slightly) that was about training to be an Ammunitian technician. It was filmed in 1989 and IIRC broadcast in late 1990. My memories failing but I believe it was channel 4, although I can't find feck all about it.

It started with selection at the School, classroom and hands-on stuff, training up at the Felix centre and subsequant posting out to NI?

Do any of you old & Bold remember this?