BBC listed new scam

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dougl67, Nov 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I'm not really into this kind of e mail but I think this one warrants it. As you know, The Forgotten Heroes is a Charity that supports the Carers of our wounded & injured Servicemen & Women.

The reason for sending this e mail is: There could be someone right now who is caring for someone who has fallen injured or wounded.

It only takes a small chink in the armour for their defences to be reduced or down and then this immoral scam could get through.
    Bogus callers posing as council staff are luring homeowners into a council tax scam

Normally I don't take much notice of chain e mails alerting to scam's, however this particular scam has made it onto the BBC news.

If you do know of someone, who is caring, being cared for, injured, wounded, serving, ex serving, off all ages and from all conflicts, keep any eye out for them, If they are in difficult times at the moment, they could easily be taken in by this.

This message has also been distributed via The Forgotten Heroes

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Doug I am in Leeds tomorrow, do you want to meet, PM me please