BBC Licence fee hypocrisy?

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Almost every day there is a BBC article on the webiste about LBGT* and it is almost like propaganda, same as the BME articles. BBC is heavily biased in that direction.

Only think worth keeping at BBC is Test Match Special.

*I know lettuce bacon and tomato but what is G?

Is it me? Watching the way the BBC gushed over the D Day 75 commemorations, and then have announced that they will now force the same veterans to stump up the licence fee to continue to fund their inflated salaries a bit hypocritical?
I'm sure that the BBC could be persuaded to exempt D Day veterans from the Licence fee.

WW2 veterans that did not land in France on June 6th 1944 will still have to pay though.

Almost every day there is a BBC article on the webiste about LBGT* and it is almost like propaganda, same as the BME articles. BBC is heavily biased in that direction

Only think worth keeping at BBC is Test Match Special.

*I know lettuce bacon and tomato but what is G?
Gin, you fool

“And women” what else am I meant to say?
“A group of male models” or “Adonis”
A group of young blokes and and hot young women.

You ******* poof.

More like lying, thieving barstewards.

The over 75''s do not get free licences, they are Government funded.
No they’re not. Free licences were one of Gordon Brown’s bribes, introduced in 1998 when the treasury was full. Osborne stopped funding them in 2008 after the GFC and told the BBC to fund.

Thing is though, the BBC aren’t funding anything. It’s lost revenue, not expenditure. They aren’t paying anyone for anything. So they need to cut their cloth accordingly.

Here is an idea. Adopt a vetertan and sponsor their TV licence. It's an approach that works for Dogstrust and WWF, so why not us?

Why don't we set up a register of Veterans and War Widows over 75 who want to have a free TV licence and don't get Pension Credit. We then write to every TV executive, celebrity, presenter, pundit, actors/stars who appear on TV. All channels, not just BBC, remember you need a licence to watch ITV etc too. They can then pay the veteran's TV licence for them. Remember, they all benefit from the licence fee, or the premium on the product that pays for TV advertising, the hidden "Over 50's pension plan" and "Stairlift Tax".

Let's use the thing that we, the veteran community have, and celebrities crave. Respect, authenticity and integrity. We could give them a logo to put on their facebook/website etc. "I've sponsored a veteran, aren't I good!" They'd love it. These people spend more money on spray tans than the cost of an old person's TV licence, they can afford it. I bet you politicians would jump on the bandwagon too.

We could then shame those who don't on social media. Let's make it socially unacceptable to make money from TV and not give something back to the faithful audience, particularly those who fought wars to allow them to carry out their trade.

What do people think?

More like lying, thieving barstewards.

The over 75''s do not get free licences, they are Government funded.
In other words, tax payer funded. Perhaps the tax payers should decide where the money goes. Just a thought.

There are thousands of pensioners that are just above the pension credit limit, that can't afford
the TV licence, that's the problem
It’s not just about affordability, it’s about the compulsory aspect, if you never watch it, and also that the BBC is actively against their interests. No one ever got banned from their comments section on the website for abusing “gammon” for example.

If the people who actually like the BBC were fully liable for funding it they’d be paying £1000/year each for the license. In which case they can be as ageist and racist as they like and the “gammon” can have a good laugh at them.

One amongst many who appear to be paid thousands more than their meagre talents are really worth.
If Gary wasn't on Tele would it stop people tuning in to watch wendyball?

Would viewing figures drop if I filled a nbc suit with cow poo and worked it's head by standing behind it in a clown suit, telling the viewers that by licking the ball into the net, some team had beaten another.

Overview
You must have a TV Licence if you:

• watch or record programmes on a TV, computer or other device as they’re broadcast
  • download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand
A TV Licence costs £154.50 (£52 for black and white TV sets) for both homes and businesses.

What’s covered
A single TV Licence covers all of the following in a single property:

• TV sets
  • computers
  • laptops
  • tablets
  • mobile phones
  • any other device that can receive a TV signal
You do not need a TV Licence to watch:

• non-BBC programmes on online catch-up services
  • videos or DVDs
  • clips on websites like YouTube
  • closed circuit television (CCTV)
TV Licence - GOV.UK

They've not even bothered asking me to reconfirmed I'm not watching their channel in a couple of years.

wrote to them in about 2010 telling them then I wasn't paying.

In other words, tax payer funded. Perhaps the tax payers should decide where the money goes. Just a thought.
The tax payers did decide, 52% (who responded) agreed with removing the over 75s licence fee

(Note that it’s no longer taxpayers who fill the gap on the over 75 licence fees. The government already stopped funding the free licence)

If Gary wasn't on Tele would it stop people tuning in to watch wendyball?
I suspect not and I personally wouldn't miss the smug git.

Would viewing figures drop if I filled a nbc suit with cow poo and worked it's head by standing behind it in a clown suit, telling the viewers that by licking the ball into the net, some team had beaten another.
Much more entertaining than Mr Lineker.