BBC Licence fee hypocrisy?

This outcome was inevitable, ever since the Government stopped paying the Pensioner subsidy through the Department of Works and Pensions and handed the shit sandwich to the BBC in 2015.
Despite assurances given at the time, it wasn’t going to survive contact for long. Those inflated salaries don’t pay themselves!
Has Gary Lineker expressed his opinion on Twitter yet? Normally you can’t shut him up!
They've also had to finance the World Service since 2014 when the FCO stopped.

Honestly, I think the BBC should have to compete in a globalised entertainment market (just like any other channel/ entertainment provider) the salaries paid to top executives and presenters are absolutely absurd especially when you consider the fact that they are paid by the tax payer....

I can't think of many (modern) BBC programmes that I enjoy. The standard of comedy programmes has dropped dramatically.. As sad as it may sound I spend most of my time watching old films and box sets and only really watch old re-runs of top of the pops and documentaries on the BBC (I'm in my early twenties)

If subsidiaries for the BBC were dropped it could potentially improve the quality of programmes produced by the BBC as they would inevitably be forced to compete with other providers for viewership and subsequently revenue....

Just my 2 cents worth....

They were fucked when they let the cash-cow that was Clarkson, May and Hammond walk, really.

Oh, and allowed Marr and Derbydire to run rampant in a manner that would almost make Jon Snow blush, amongst others at the Beeb. The number of them who have quite clearly used the obviously BS excuse that it was a slip to call a certain politician a c**t on air - and not get spanked by Ofcom - tells its own story.

I mean, it's just so easy to make a "spoonerism" between Hunt and c**t, isn't it...?

They reckon they put it out for consultation and most people said make em pay
My comment from another thread

I look at it this way,
"Remember what you take off the old you won't get it when you are old
and it will set a precedent to be able to remove even more from you,
have a good day"

Can I just say I have never paid for a TV licence.
I get the threatening letters, I sometimes cross out the address and add a pithy comment before putting it back in the box.
I don't actually have a TV but I know plenty who do have but don't bother with a licence.
I also think the licence should be voluntary, paid only by those who think it worthwhile.
By by bbc, there will be a few programmes I would miss.
TMS, Clue, Just a Minute, The Absolute Truth, that is it. The rest is garbage.

They reckon they put it out for consultation and most people said make em pay
My comment from another thread

I look at it this way,
"Remember what you take off the old you won't get it when you are old
and it will set a precedent to be able to remove even more from you,
have a good day"
I would imagine that consultation was as un biased as yesterdays 'Heresy' audience.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Im not really fussed the over 75s have to pay, it was just an unaffordable bribe by that **** Brown thats taken 20 years to be binned anyway.

I would like to see the BBC massively scaled down to provide educational programmes (Because generally the commercial sector don't as there is little money in it) and the news so it can at least maintain the pretense of being neutral.
It should then be funded directly from the central government. That way the poor can access it, the court system would save millions Nearly three-quarters of convicted TV Licence non-payers are women and more money would be saved by no longer having a television licence department.

This comment from a letters page,

"The Irony is that this decision is based on a survey and in this survey 52% said it'd be a good idea.... So now the BBC are listening to 52% when it's in their favour !!! 52% voted for Brexit - are you listening to them BBC ???"

"The Irony is that this decision is based on a survey and in this survey 52% said it'd be a good idea.... So now the BBC are listening to 52% when it's in their favour !!! 52% voted for Brexit - are you listening to them BBC ???"
Yes I saw that.
The bbc not hypocritical at all.

ugly

LE
Mind you, this could be a catalyst for a good look at the licence fee overall and is it still, if it ever has been, fit for purpose. Should it change? If so what to?
Whatever they want it still wont be fit for purpose or value for money. I no longer pay or watch BBC output!
If everyone refuses they will be fucked!

When I first heard this I thought they really are taking the p1ss.
Then I realised they have been doing so for a very long time, they must sit around and laugh at the poor saps who keep them in champagne.

ugly

LE
It should then be funded directly from the central government. That way the poor can access it, the court system would save millions Nearly three-quarters of convicted TV Licence non-payers are women and more money would be saved by no longer having a television licence department.
Thats solely because the cnuts from capita attempt to bully women at home during the day. Tell 0A not to answer the door to anyone and write to capita withdrawing implied right of access. If everyone tells them to do one it will work, hell if a quarter of the license payers refuse what will they do? Nothing!