• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BBC knockers!

No, the beeb hasn't spent that much on stress counselling alone. Best to read it properly.

"Counselling for work related stress issues accounts for a small proportion of the total fee. This service can be used by all BBC staff."

More ammo for those who love to hate the Beeb.Seems Auntie has spent £130,000 of licence fee money offering stress counselling for the staff.I assume this is mainly related to moving to "Media City"

BBC spent £130,000 on counselling for stressed staff last year - Telegraph
Hmmm.. I noted this snip "Those who earned between £35,000 and £53,000 took 1,540 days off between them, while those on a lower pay grade of between £19,000 and £27,000 a year recorded a total of just 20 absences for stress-related illness. Those at the top of the BBC took off 109 days."
It would appear that the fat cats are far more likely to be stressed than the minions at the bottom of the heap. Poor dears, if they had to produce a service that had to pay for itself ala commercial broadcasting rather than be dependent on our licence fee methinks the whole lot would have nervous breakdowns! :-(

Hmmm.. I noted this snip "Those who earned between £35,000 and £53,000 took 1,540 days off between them, while those on a lower pay grade of between £19,000 and £27,000 a year recorded a total of just 20 absences for stress-related illness. Those at the top of the BBC took off 109 days."
It would appear that the fat cats are far more likely to be stressed than the minions at the bottom of the heap. Poor dears, if they had to produce a service that had to pay for itself ala commercial broadcasting rather than be dependent on our licence fee methinks the whole lot would have nervous breakdowns! :-(
Not that there is any indication of how many people there are in each of those bands. If 95% of the workforce earns 35-53k then you might expect they make up the bulk of the sick leave as well.

Lies, damn lies, etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Could the Mods not stop this blatant false-advertising? Not a sniff of tits in the whole thread. Unless you count that awful mash-up of the old doris who does the weather.

Latest Threads