BBC Journo killed in Afghan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tuffy52, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stands by for wall to wall BBC Grief-o-thon.
  2. 100 percent theres a Pakistani link to this.
  3. Of course there's a Paki link cos it's the Paki/Zionist/CIA who planned it all to blame on USSR...........
  4. like when a soldier dies?
  5. No this is far more important to the BBC, than any baby killers death. Don't you know nuffin?
  6. More importantly, it could be one of AK's distant relatives, pity he's not there himself instead of living off our welfare state!
  7. Sadly it's a local Afghan BBC stringer. If it was one their prima d's it would be headlining the news.

"LONDON — The BBC says one of its reporters has died in an insurgent attack in Afghanistan that killed at least 17 people.The broadcaster says that Ahmad Omid Khpolwak was killed in Thursday's suicide attack in the southern Uruzgan province.
    Afghan authorities said the attack left at least 17 people dead.
    BBC says the stringer was 25 years old and joined the network in 2008.
    Three suicide bombers blew up vehicles packed with explosives in three almost simultaneous attacks in Uruzgan. The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the assaults."
    more context here
    Fatal attacks near Australian base
  8. I must admit, I got as far as reading his name then switched off totally.
  9. You should have heard the BBC news readers trying to say his name, I think a few of them did as well and rushed it in the hope no one would notice
  10. Any arrsers out there fancy hacking his phone :)
  11. Sad but desperately unlucky

Must have been the only ****** at the BBC not on a jolly at the Olympic Stadium propaganda fest yesterday
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

he was a local stringer so not really bbc just a subbie,
  13. Well, here I am waiting. Any idea when the griefothon is going to kick off, it's just that I have a bus to catch.
  14. He should of been wearing body armour. Very sad, RIP poor journo man. Now what discount do I get on my licence fee now?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.