BBC journalists arrested in Irish anti paramilitary drive.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by armchair_jihad, Mar 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Anybody surprised?
  2. I reckon if you weeded out the journos at these activist meetings, there would be nobody left :lol:
  3. I'm only suprised the haven't been embedded with the Taliban yet.......

Oh...they have.
  4. The BBC has said the journalists were working on a BBC NI current affairs investigation and had full editorial authority under the BBC's guidelines.

A spokesperson said the other parties present were fully aware that they were with BBC journalists.

They were arrested under Section 30 of the Republic's Offences Against the State Act.

So, what exactly were they charged with under Section 30? Seems a bit ridiculous...what were they doing, gun running.... :roll:
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It says arrested not charged.
  6. Drive is the wrong term to use

this is an ongoing process

even though they claim to have gone away (lying bastarsd)

our lads recognise that they havent and our Military and Garda Int units

are hunting them down like the dogs they are

Irish Gardai have this year so far arrested 19 people on suspicion of

terrorist activity- 14 of them are so far remanded without Bail

in a really horrible prison in the midlands-

3 more should be heading there within the next day or 2 and the rest

the cases were dropped because no doubt they ratted there mates out.

There cases will be heard in the Special Criminal Court which consists

of 3 Judges and NO jury-

you can bet your bollixess that at least 16 of these 17 will be spending the

next 4-5 years in prison-solely on the question of membership

and then add on years for engaged in activity- possessions of arms

and or explosives and then to add insult to injury there details

will be handed over to our Criminal Assets beareu who will fleece

every criminal penny out of them

So as you can see its not a drive but an ongoing campaign agsint these

terrorist criminal scum
  7. Even better. :roll:
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Why don't you read up on the relevant act to find out on what grounds they were arrested? I'm no expert on Irish Law, but it wouldn't take a genius to guess they've probably been arrested for suspected terrorist offences.

9. Its a great little act that gives the Gardai greater powers to deal with miscreants whom the Gardai suspect have carried out a scheduled offence.

RTE News are saying that the Journalists have been released but the

terrorists (fecking alleged scum terrorists) are still falling up and down

Be my guest
  10. Journalists? To a small degree, I can understand members of 'illegal' organisations, but journalists?
  11. Fair Play to them, and yourself Hedgie. Put the forkers up against the wall and shoot them My old fella lives in Dublin and did his 22years in the 4/7 RDG. Some Cnut in the pub had the nerve to question his right to live in Ireland after serving in the British Army. Needless to say the old man put him straight on a few things. Shower of gangsters who are worried because they might have to get real jobs and live real lives instead of poncing off their community. I hate them.
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm assuming you're being serious and not just a wahing cnut. It's probably realistic to guess they were in the company of a bunch of suspected terrorists and Plod, quite understandably, bundled them all in the van and identified them safely down at the station.
  13. BBC journo's, terrorists.... whats the difference ???
  14. You are joking, are you not?
  15. yes i am joking, but not a lot after the hate/hatchet job the bbc is doing on the military