BBC journalists arrested in Irish anti paramilitary drive.

#1
BBC journalists are among eleven men arrested by gardai in County Donegal as part of a probe into paramilitary activity. The arrests were made on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

The men, who are aged between 30 and 48, are being held at Burnfoot, Letterkenny and Milford Garda Stations.

They were arrested under Section 30 of the Republic's Offences Against the State Act.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7299303.stm

Anybody surprised?
 
#2
I reckon if you weeded out the journos at these activist meetings, there would be nobody left :lol:
 
#4
The BBC has said the journalists were working on a BBC NI current affairs investigation and had full editorial authority under the BBC's guidelines.

A spokesperson said the other parties present were fully aware that they were with BBC journalists.

They were arrested under Section 30 of the Republic's Offences Against the State Act.


So, what exactly were they charged with under Section 30? Seems a bit ridiculous...what were they doing, gun running.... :roll:
 
#5
It says arrested not charged.
 
#6
Drive is the wrong term to use

this is an ongoing process

even though they claim to have gone away (lying bastarsd)

our lads recognise that they havent and our Military and Garda Int units

are hunting them down like the dogs they are

Irish Gardai have this year so far arrested 19 people on suspicion of

terrorist activity- 14 of them are so far remanded without Bail

in a really horrible prison in the midlands-

3 more should be heading there within the next day or 2 and the rest

the cases were dropped because no doubt they ratted there mates out.

There cases will be heard in the Special Criminal Court which consists

of 3 Judges and NO jury-

you can bet your bollixess that at least 16 of these 17 will be spending the

next 4-5 years in prison-solely on the question of membership

and then add on years for engaged in activity- possessions of arms

and or explosives and then to add insult to injury there details

will be handed over to our Criminal Assets beareu who will fleece

every criminal penny out of them

So as you can see its not a drive but an ongoing campaign agsint these

terrorist criminal scum
 
#8
KevinB said:
Ord_Sgt said:
It says arrested not charged.
Even better. :roll:
Why don't you read up on the relevant act to find out on what grounds they were arrested? I'm no expert on Irish Law, but it wouldn't take a genius to guess they've probably been arrested for suspected terrorist offences.
 
#9
Ord_Sgt said:
KevinB said:
Ord_Sgt said:
It says arrested not charged.
Even better. :roll:
Why don't you read up on the relevant act to find out on what grounds they were arrested? I'm no expert on Irish Law, but it wouldn't take a genius to guess they've probably been arrested for suspected terrorist offences.

Its a great little act that gives the Gardai greater powers to deal with miscreants whom the Gardai suspect have carried out a scheduled offence.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1939/en/act/pub/0013/sec0030.html#zza13y1939s30


RTE News are saying that the Journalists have been released but the

terrorists (fecking alleged scum terrorists) are still falling up and down

stairs
Be my guest
 
#10
Ord_Sgt said:
KevinB said:
Ord_Sgt said:
It says arrested not charged.
Even better. :roll:
Why don't you read up on the relevant act to find out on what grounds they were arrested? I'm no expert on Irish Law, but it wouldn't take a genius to guess they've probably been arrested for suspected terrorist offences.
Journalists? To a small degree, I can understand members of 'illegal' organisations, but journalists?
 
#11
hedgie said:
Drive is the wrong term to use

this is an ongoing process

even though they claim to have gone away (lying bastarsd)

our lads recognise that they havent and our Military and Garda Int units

are hunting them down like the dogs they are

Irish Gardai have this year so far arrested 19 people on suspicion of

terrorist activity- 14 of them are so far remanded without Bail

in a really horrible prison in the midlands-

3 more should be heading there within the next day or 2 and the rest

the cases were dropped because no doubt they ratted there mates out.

There cases will be heard in the Special Criminal Court which consists

of 3 Judges and NO jury-

you can bet your bollixess that at least 16 of these 17 will be spending the

next 4-5 years in prison-solely on the question of membership

and then add on years for engaged in activity- possessions of arms

and or explosives and then to add insult to injury there details

will be handed over to our Criminal Assets beareu who will fleece

every criminal penny out of them

So as you can see its not a drive but an ongoing campaign agsint these

terrorist criminal scum
Fair Play to them, and yourself Hedgie. Put the forkers up against the wall and shoot them My old fella lives in Dublin and did his 22years in the 4/7 RDG. Some Cnut in the pub had the nerve to question his right to live in Ireland after serving in the British Army. Needless to say the old man put him straight on a few things. Shower of gangsters who are worried because they might have to get real jobs and live real lives instead of poncing off their community. I hate them.
 
#12
KevinB said:
Ord_Sgt said:
KevinB said:
Ord_Sgt said:
It says arrested not charged.
Even better. :roll:
Why don't you read up on the relevant act to find out on what grounds they were arrested? I'm no expert on Irish Law, but it wouldn't take a genius to guess they've probably been arrested for suspected terrorist offences.
Journalists? To a small degree, I can understand members of 'illegal' organisations, but journalists?
I'm assuming you're being serious and not just a wahing cnut. It's probably realistic to guess they were in the company of a bunch of suspected terrorists and Plod, quite understandably, bundled them all in the van and identified them safely down at the station.
 
#16
tonto108 said:
yes i am joking, but not a lot after the hate/hatchet job the bbc is doing on the military
Adversarial journalism is important in a democracy, but I understand what you mean - BBC seems to have lost all pretense at objectivity regarding the military.
 
#17
4 Men charged tongiht in relation to this incident

One minuet they were swapping stories with BBC Journos

the next they are been rammed off the road by Armed Gardai

and as we speak they are enroute to Portlaiose Prison

remanded in custody


what a shame - boo hoo
 
#18
hedgie, I heard that the Gardai had to ram the van the BBC crew were in to stop them leaving the scene. Is that how it is being reported in the ROI?
 
#19
LEGZ30 said:
hedgie, I heard that the Gardai had to ram the van the BBC crew were in to stop them leaving the scene. Is that how it is being reported in the ROI?

I dont think they had to ram the van into the ditch

I think they just wanted to do it-
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top