BBC Invasion

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cromach, Jan 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very sorry if this already been done.

BBC Scotland HQ in Glasgow has been occupied by "stop the War" and Gaza supporters.

I couldn't care less what they are protesting about BUT I am annoyed that Sky have covered it and the BBC still don't have it on their news site. Is this an extension of their current stance over the DEC appeal business?

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Who cares.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

If by being non-partisan, the BBC have upset the Stop the War coalition and a bunch of Gaza political groups enough to bounce their premises, then their decision not to advertise this whole Gaza fund thing was the right thing to do.

If it WAS just a charriddee without favour, then these twirps wouldn't have got so upset.

Good call the Beeb - for once.
  4. These Gaza muppets need roping.
  5. For once I am impressed at the BBC staying impartial and refusing to broadcast the propaganda, and as stated, if the anti Israel crowd are protesting over their decision it was clearly right.
  6. Shame that these Gaza types haven't destroyed the transmittors by now
  7. Spot on!
  8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Ha! That's where my brother works. Have asked him for a sitrep :D
  9. why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist over this...

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH... really annoys me
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Don't worry, the stop the war types will have to thin out to get either their giro or get down the pub because Tarquin's celebrating his 21st and Daddy is paying for the champagne..
  11. As I said, I couldn't care what they were protesting about. The BBC are though, I think, totally biased in their reporting anyway - strangely, they haven't even reported the occupation of their Scottish HQ. I would've thought 50 - 100 smelly serial protesters in your front room would've been worth even a small article.

Perhaps reporting the occupation of their HQ and the subsequent removal of said protesters would have risked their "impartiallity" over the subject and put them on a footing akin to Israel?

Ord_Sgt - great comment