BBC I Player----How do I record/capture.

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by mcreature, Jun 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The only way I could manage this was to set up my camcorder on a tripod and film the screen. Wasn't the best result and it was troublesome, but it was watchable.
  2. Fraps would work, that would be a little bit tricky though - especially when it comes to sound. Any screen cap program should be able to do it. You can probably find fraps online for free as well - only downside is that it can't be done on a really shit pc, anything not really shit should be able to do it no problem.
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

well real downloader doesnt work. so you can either look and see if someone has youtubed it and take it from there or make your own with something like camstudio CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software I havent used it for a while but its not so hard to use, you set the size of the screen grab and the format then leave it running. it does record cursor movement though and screensavers so practise a bit. not perfect but better than nowt. also the initial file is huge but can be reduced with a video converter.

I did a torrent search for you but not for individual files.

Best free HD computer screen recorder and audio capture (CamStudio) - YouTube
  4. Try Get iplayer. It's a bit of a handful to start with because of the command line interface, but once you get used to it, it's fantastic. Or try using the web PVR that goes with it, that's a little easier. Hope this helps..
  5. BBC iPlayer doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment.
    When we try to download anything it never shows on the "avalable now" section and the Series Record is out of service as well.
    The BBC seem to be well aware of the problems but seem reluctant to do anything about it.
  6. If you're using a Mac you could use QuickTime and go for the 'New Screen Recording' option. The sound isn't brilliant but if you use a cable between the mic and headphone socket it's usable.
  7. Get Net Transport Net Transport (or there are registered versions available on your favourite torrent site) Once installed start Net Transport, click on the Sniffer tab and click Start.
    Go to the BBC programme you want and begin to watch it, Net Transport will pick up the url and you simply click Download. The Sandhurst Panorama took about three minutes to download.

8. If you wish to record many TV programmes and edit/convert them to DVD it may be worth getting EyeTV. Elgato products
  9. Seconded. Easiest way to record is, as Vimto said, use Web PVR Manager then paste the url for the BBC programme into "Quick URL" box and click Record.

10. As said in my post---nothing technical.Tried most as suggested + others I found on the web.

Finally tried "Get I Player",and did as suggested above,didn't appear to be working----BUT IT DID.

Sorted!-----------Thanks to all who gave their time and help. Cheers lads.