BBC Humour Police make first ruling

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well there's no point in bloody watching, now!

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

You wait until they notice everything he's said about Kerry Katona!!!!
  3. This is getting ridiculous, sodding nanny state nonsense! If they start censoring the show I'll have to agree with smartascarrots.

Oil_Slick, I think your avatar says it all really.

4. Worrying stuff indeed. On a lighter note, considering it's a serious article in a respected newspaper, you would have thought that to lead with the actual joke would be slightly misguided

BBC satirical show Mock The Week is in trouble for joking that Olympic swimming champion Rebecca Adlington resembled "someone who's looking at themselves in the back of a spoon".

Now, I couldn't take the rest of the story seriously after reading that, especially as directly below it is a picture of her looking like a reflection on the back of a spoon.
  5. Oh are we supposed to be outraged and offended from 200miles away at the other end of The TV screen...

We have become a society that panders (Sp?) to the needs of the pathetic and the weak... Whatever happened to The Man on the Clapham omnibus who was of reasonable firmness.
  6. Did he mean her face or the rest of her bod? .

I think she would be up there in the

She'd get it posts

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Personally, me, myself, I, found the joke to be hilarious. The PC monkeys at BBC Trust have upheld the complaint, says it all really.

However, I would like Rebecca to get her own back so it would have been funny if she had been allowed to walk on to the next show FB was on and stick a custard pie in his face, without him being pre-warned. Now that would have been great TV. :D

8. How long before the Liebour Thought Crime Stazi start despatching you lot round to arrest the offenders?
  9. He's been arrested ...... but the evidence wouldn't stand up in court!

Boom Boom!

I'll get my coat....

10. Smiling will be banned by 2011 in Labours Britain.

Attached Files:

12. So will speaking out against the government.

"Pleaze get into zi car, Sir"
  13. Interceptors Picture (Fed up of trying to link it now)

Hahaha - That actually just made my day! :D