Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Nonsense

Votes: 145 79.2%
  • Nonsense but Muslims are a persecuted minority

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Real and criticism of Islam should be put into law

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters
Some article about how Muslims are being stared at and verbally assaulted, all because Islam is misunderstood and people are uneducated.

Video contributions are from Cathays high school in Cardiff where around 3/4 of the students are ethnic minorities.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it: Schools urged to help tackle Islamophobia - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-42650014

So is Islamaphobia a real thing or just a bullshit term used to get and align it with the word racism et al.

As an atheist I think Muslims are at best credulous and deluded, and it's perfectly fine to look at what they believe and say it's nonsense. Not condoning violence against Muslims, but sadly criticising what they believe seems to be a protected thing theses days.

Imagine if we had a Muslim "Life of Brian", or "Book of Mormon", the place would be threatened, stabbed up or bombed in no time by the religion of peace.

I believe it was the late Christopher Hitchens that said:

"Islamaphobia is a term used by created by fascists, used by cowards to manipulate morons."

Eds

Isn't a phobia by it's very nature irrational, and with one religion creating more incidents of hate crimes and suicide bombings than any other is it really irrational to have a fear of that religion ?

The thought police are going to be visiting you two shortly.

A flick through the various migrant threads give this credibility.

Still, not a religion I'm a fan of by any stretch

Yep

List of Islamic Terror Attacks

People committing terrorist attacks are doing it in the name of Islam. Although most of the victims of those are Muslims themselves.

But the idea that people can look at a group of ideas, say they dislike them and that is branded as something unacceptable for me is absurd.

Hitchens was absolutely right.

"Islamophobia" is a term invented by the ayatollah's propaganda dept to delude westerners into thinking that Islam = Muslims & Muslims = race so as to encourage the belief that opposition to Islam (something any sane person should oppose) equals racism.

For anyone facepalming at a thread like this, try this website:

Islam: The Politically Incorrect Truth

Gives you a current itemised score card of the great things that our bearded and veily friends have been up to this week. And last week. And the week before. And the year before that. Und so weiter. Roughly all the way back to when ten of them flew two jets into the North and South Towers of the World Trade Center, with another five making a big hole in the side of the Pentagon with another jet, and yet another four being thwarted when the passengers of the jet they were trying to use as a weapon of mass destruction decided that it wasn't going to be up to the scumbags with box-cutters where that plane would go down.

Yeah, I know, #NotAllMuslimsBruv and all that sort of thing. But there's more than enough of them that do go in for the Allan's Snackbar routine to make me agree that it's safe to be a bit wary.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Video contributions are from Cathays high school in Cardiff where around 3/4 of the students are ethnic minorities.
How is three-quarters of the students a "minority?"

Islamaphobia is a subjective term.

I usually find ignorance the biggest cause of fear. Anyone who thinks an entire culture is going to bomb them / run them down / unleash a Lidl bag and bucket upon them at any given opportunity should probably pop along to their nearest mosque and see how normal their neighbours really are. Moreover, they'll realise they share a common bond - the genuine fear of a select few brainwashed nutcases hell-bent on killing peaceful human beings.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The main problem with Islam is that it's possible to be extremely unpleasant within the orthodoxy of the religion and thus be both morally justified in your own eyes and beyond criticism from your co-religionists. There are no principles in Mein Kampf that can't be found in the Koran and yet the Koran is unquestionable in the eyes of the Faithful, which leaves the moderate forms of Islam having to do theological flic flacs whilst dodging charges of apostasy. That is a cause for concern.

I've posted this before but it's worth a look:

What ISIS Really Wants

A rebuttal was produced so I've included that too for an alternative perspective:

The Phony Islam of ISIS

How is three-quarters of the students a "minority?"

Islamaphobia is a subjective term.

I usually find ignorance the biggest cause of fear. Anyone who thinks an entire culture is going to bomb them / run them down / unleash a Lidl bag and bucket upon them at any given opportunity should probably pop along to their nearest mosque and see how normal their neighbours really are. Moreover, they'll realise they share a common bond - the genuine fear of a select few brainwashed nutcases hell-bent on killing peaceful human beings.
Like stallone.jpg

I'll start giving a shit when they start addressing their males noncing and getting underage girls on smack to pimp out.

Hitchens was absolutely right.

"Islamophobia" is a term invented by the ayatollah's propaganda dept to delude westerners into thinking that Islam = Muslims & Muslims = race so as to encourage the belief that opposition to Islam (something any sane person should oppose) equals racism.
There on to a hiding to nothing though .

If you forcibly converted the UK to Islam , everyone would simply ignore it , till they banned the sale of alcohol , when you would have civil disobedience of monumental proportions which would make it unenforceable .
That said , the thought of watching women publicly whipped outside Wetherspoons and Yates for flouting said law is mildly erotic , and I would willingly volunteer to rip off their tops and tie them to a whipping post to aid the religious police