BBC Gagged ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Dec 28, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Trying to listen to BBC Radio Four on the computer at the moment, there's supposed to be a comedy programme on.

All I'm receiving is some bint repeating "Due to rights restrictions we are unable to bring you this programme."

Is this some new example of Ben Elton's Alternative Comedy ?
    Is it a software problem on the typewriter ?
    Or was someone going to rip the mick out of The Glorious Leader ?

Anyone out there with comments, constructive or otherwise, please enlighten me.

2. Which program? Might not have the authority for anything other than analogue radio broadcast.

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

4. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does sound like a copyright limitation, Cuts

5. The BBC only has the UK broadcasting rights to what it broadcasts over the ether. Internet broadcasts are treated differently, they only have the broadcast right for 7 days, so it was probably a repeat of something you were trying to listen to. It is getting better now, as the BBC now negotiate internet rights when they take on a program, but some things (like International Sport on Radio 5) are really difficult.

There is a help page on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/audiohelp.shtml#unavailable

6. Blur is that far up the luvvies ass he's almost reached Peter Mengler's boots.
    john

7. BBC gagged? Best thing for her... oh, THAT BBC.

8. Bugger beat me to it.....