BBC following 3 Para

#1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7364357.stm

Some good little talking head bits, even got one guy from 3 Para morters and some of the allyest sidburns around.

Hope for a quite tour, if not then give 'em hell boys.
 
#2
A bit brave of the BBC - I thought they never went anywhere that didn't have a 5-star hotel. Besides, a BBC crew would never survive a booze ban.
 
#4
Funny how the mortar pl lad mentioned going to Thailand!! they charter their own Flt so I've heard!!
 
#5
BBC wooftas following 3 Para mtrs, or is it the other way round?? Either way somebody is going to get lucky! Ambush!
 
#8
Obviously trying to rival ITV's Ross Kemp programme.

However, I think the Para brigade are hailed above any other brigade when it comes to Afghanistan, yet every brigade that's been in Helmand since the last time the paras were there have had an equally as tough a tour, yet, there is no exhibitions, books or anything else released on them, just minor news clips.
 
#9
mnairb said:
A bit brave of the BBC - I thought they never went anywhere that didn't have a 5-star hotel. Besides, a BBC crew would never survive a booze ban.
Wheres that come from? I seem to recall a BBC crew being decimated by an american bomb in Herrick one or two, One killed three wounded (John Simpson), their current middle east editor is paralysed from gunshots sustained from in Iraq.
I'm no lover of the BBC but that is baseless rubbish. Whatever you think of the BBC there are solid journalists covering every news worthy event. Fact.
 
#10
rubbernekker said:
mnairb said:
A bit brave of the BBC - I thought they never went anywhere that didn't have a 5-star hotel. Besides, a BBC crew would never survive a booze ban.
Wheres that come from? I seem to recall a BBC crew being decimated by an american bomb in Herrick one or two, One killed three wounded (John Simpson), their current middle east editor is paralysed from gunshots sustained from in Iraq.
I'm no lover of the BBC but that is baseless rubbish. Whatever you think of the BBC there are solid journalists covering every news worthy event. Fact.
I thought John Simpson was ITV?

Well, the BBC are based at Khandahar Airfield. If anyone's been there, then they will know that it might as well be a 5 star hotel with all the facilities that are availible.
 
#11
Further to Rubbernekkers post, I would remind Mcnairb of the Panorama programme where BBC crews followed a unit in AFG.

One correction, Frank Gardner was shot in Riyadh.
 
#12
After Ross Kemp on Sky, the ongoing Guardian's coverage commitment and now the BBC I think we must be pleased at what I sense is a real positive ground swell of media support for our forces - I really feel this is a big change in attitude from this time last year. It won't be all good media wise but every step in the right direction must be welcomed.
 
#13
Nightrained said:
rubbernekker said:
mnairb said:
A bit brave of the BBC - I thought they never went anywhere that didn't have a 5-star hotel. Besides, a BBC crew would never survive a booze ban.
Wheres that come from? I seem to recall a BBC crew being decimated by an american bomb in Herrick one or two, One killed three wounded (John Simpson), their current middle east editor is paralysed from gunshots sustained from in Iraq.
I'm no lover of the BBC but that is baseless rubbish. Whatever you think of the BBC there are solid journalists covering every news worthy event. Fact.
I thought John Simpson was ITV?

Well, the BBC are based at Khandahar Airfield. If anyone's been there, then they will know that it might as well be a 5 star hotel with all the facilities that are availible.

He is from the BBC...

And it was Telic 1 not Herrick...
 
#14
Always thought Alastair Leithead gave quite good reports from Afghanistan,seems to have been there for a good while and been on a few Ops with whichever unit has been on tour.
 
#15
ZappBrannigan said:
Always thought Alastair Leithead gave quite good reports from Afghanistan,seems to have been there for a good while and been on a few Ops with whichever unit has been on tour.
I've met him a fair few times so he definately gets about!
 
#16
whos_ur_daddy said:
Funny how the mortar pl lad mentioned going to Thailand!! they charter their own Flt so I've heard!!
Slighty off thread

Nice avatar where did you steal that from :? :evil:
 
#17
There was an ITV reporter killed when caught ahead of some US marine unit. His name was Terry Lloyd and the body of a camerman killed alongside him has never been found. Also, no US Marine has ever faced any disciplinary action over the incident.
 
#18
rockape623 said:
There was an ITV reporter killed when caught ahead of some US marine unit. His name was Terry Lloyd and the body of a camerman killed alongside him has never been found. Also, no US Marine has ever faced any disciplinary action over the incident.
Wasn't he frazzled by a big bomb?
 
#19
Not sure C-J, I vaugely remember some hoo-ha about the whole incident...no-one accepted responsibility etc etc. Then his fellow journo scum jumped on the bandwagon demanding answers, goaling and general beheading of anyone military. Stupid t**t shouldn`t have been there in the first place IMHO.
 
#20
Agreed.

I may have it grossly wrong but I think you are talking about an incident which involved CAS being used on Iraq's Northern border. In the Kurds neck of the woods (Telic1/IraqiFreedom1).
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top