Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

BBC Drama - Vigil...already baffled

or he could have asked the RAF and Dark Blue why the delousing MPA, T23 and SSN didn’t notice the Los Angeles boat having a fag break off Faslamabad.
Probably because the Elmer boat had gone into ultra quiet routine, meaning the noisy ice cream machine was turned off.

//Related drift//
On one of my boats, one of the reactor tunnels doors (how you get from the front end to the back end of the boat) when opened emitted a frequency into the water which was more or less identical to a then popular Soviet Fire Control sonar....... my how we laughed.

//Diving now, diving now//

Probably because the Elmer boat had gone into ultra quiet routine, meaning the noisy ice cream machine was turned off.

//Related drift//
On one of my boats, one of the reactor tunnels doors (how you get from the front end to the back end of the boat) when opened emitted a frequency into the water which was more or less identical to a then popular Soviet Fire Control sonar....... my how we laughed.

//Diving now, diving now//

Would that not be a really good way of getting whatever torpedo the Yanks use this week rammed right up your keister because they thought that you were an Alfa-Class about to blat one off at them?

Would that not be a really good way of getting whatever torpedo the Yanks use this week rammed right up your keister because they thought that you were an Alfa-Class about to blat one off at them?
I believe it did cause a bit of consternation amongst the grown ups of the day until was resolved! More importantly our Sonar bods knew that a Soviet Fire Control Sonar on a certain after bearing wasn't going to be followed by a Soviet heavyweight torpedo.

Probably.

Ah, but WHICH Alpha class............ Their Alpha or our Alpha? Very confusing - look at Google!