BBC Drama - Vigil...already baffled

TamH70

MIA
I know can't help but being a bit old fashioned. Did you know you can't beat the servants anymore..

Well, yes you can. If it's in their contract and you have their consent because it's part of their and your kink-setup. Not in this country, though, we're a bit backward when it comes to that sort of thing's legality.

Oyibo

LE
There was also one (privately owned) berthed at Woolwich which was open to members of the public as a tourist attraction in the mid to late 90s. It was eventually closed down as it was deemed no longer safe for the public to enter. IIRC, some of the markings on the equipment were in English language.

Some Dutch loon towed a Soviet sub to Amsterdam with the intention of using it as a nightclub (one of the dottiest business ideas I have ever heard). Video below:

Sadly it is being, or has been, broken up:

Can't remember where it was but was floating in a harbour.

There's an old one on a plinth at Cartagena but you can't get inside
The was one in Torrevieja that we went round a few years ago. No idea if its still there though.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How ******* gutted are the Australian Navy going to be in a couple of years - after buying British submarines off the back of the advertising in Vigil, they then open the hatches and climb aboard to discover a complete lack of double beds with en-suite, the corridors aren’t big enough to play a game of Australian Rules, and the control room doesn’t have inbuilt mood lighting

PFGEN

GCM
Thought I would finally find out what people are talking about. Jezuus wept where did they get the set. Was the Tardis free for a few weeks. Even the Starship Enterprise looked more authentic back in the day. The ceilings are so high I was almost expecting to see chandeliers. None of the claustrophobic piping and cabling in every free space available. Okay its a drama but a little effort might have gone a long way to helping with the suspension of reality. Not sure yet if I'll bother with the next episode.

As I suspected, the CO has been busted back down from Captain to Commander. I wonder if he'll be promoted again in the next thrilling instalment.

I've seen bits of it and watched all of last night's ep. To me, it looks like a massive advert for the anti nuclear mob. I did notice on the end credits, made with the assistance of the Scottish government or similar.

I've seen bits of it and watched all of last night's ep. To me, it looks like a massive advert for the anti nuclear mob. I did notice on the end credits, made with the assistance of the Scottish government or similar.
One of the Script editors was Feargal Dalton an anti Trident supporter and SNP Councillor

Latest Threads