BBC Drama - Vigil...already baffled

TamH70

MIA
Helen Mirren is 76 now. However if Granny sex is your thing.

There's many a fine tune played on an old fiddle. And La Femme Mirren looks astonishingly well-preserved.

I wouldn't mind being her twenty-five-year-younger toyboy, that's for sure.

Dalef65

Old-Salt
download (1).jpeg

76 you say.....
Not bad for her age. I say.....!!

They could have gone to France to have a lot at a nuclear submarine

Looking at the pictures of the French sub it seems awfully complicated with pipes, valves, switches and circuit breakers everywhere. HMS Vigil looks all sleek and modern in comparison. It’s like comparing an Apollo spacecraft to the Dragon capsules. Who wouldn’t want the reactor to be controlled by a pc. Just one screen to look at, rather than lots and lots of dials to send your eyes dizzy, plus you can play solitaire on the pc when nobody is watching you on nights.

I also note that the French navy don’t really care for their matelot, we warn ours of radiation on each missile tube. The french don’t. Where there’s blame,, there’s a claim.

RP

Not watched it since the second episode, but I think I've got it figured out.. based on my belief that the show starter graphics show the missile tube doors opening.. and we know that is very dangerous cos of the radioactive signs we see in the show.
My prediction.is that the boat harbours a very dangerous cabal of tory voters led by the nasty white second officer. Their aim is to start a nuclear war by launching missiles at Russia. But first they have to arrest the nice black captain, before they can put their plan into action. THIS THEY DULY ACHIEVE and then start the launch sequence. Dr Foster or whatever her name is, is given a tip off by a frightened African medical orderly who has come from Africa to serve the UK (he's on secondment from the NHS). The orderly hears the whole plan being discussed by the Conservative voters in the class segregated officers mess. Dr Foster acts immediately and by sheer force of personalty, over powers the Conservative voters and saves the world from a nuclear holocaust.

Only after return to base is it discovered that Vigil was being trailed by another sub, but far from being an enemy, it was the USS Nancy Pelosi, one of the newest Antifa class boats. The Pelosi was tracking Vigil, with order to destroy her if she tried to launch any of those missiles that were radioactive. It appears that a feminist radio station in Ethiopia, or maybe Afghanistan, picked up some strange atmosphere bounced cell conversation between the tory voting crew members (before sailing obvs) they realised what was going on, and contacted HMG. HMG were arrogant and ignored the warning. In desperation the feminists contacted the white House which immediately sent the Pelosi with orders to stop the Conservative voters immolating the rest of humanity.

It all ends with a reception in the white house for Dr Foster, the Ethiopian feminists and the US president. Nobel Prizes are handed out, and all is well.

No need for you to watch the rest of the series now.
Absolute poppycock! If that happens I’m not going to watch episode 6! HMG arrogant, absolute tosh!

I am really enjoying Vigil. It's a matter of suspending disbelief.
Bit like watching sci-fi or BBC news broadcasts.
Obviously lots of things are inaccurate. I mean, a black submarine captain, come on!!!
Anyway looking forward to the next episode.

I turned over last night, watched a scene where some matelot was walking down a massive walkway when there was a receptionist voice.
Bing bong.. will Chief Gunners mate so and so please come to the control room . Bing bong.
I turned back to Netflix.
The BBC died on the operating table years ago.

Yokel

LE
I was thinking that too. I had wondered when boat skippers had become OF-4s.

I also wondered what would happen to a guest who burst into the ops room (Or whatever they have on subs) and tried to interrupt a weapon firing sequence (real or drill).

OF4 would be right.

This reminded me of all you nautical arrsers boring your partners to death about all the inaccuracies in the programme/drama.

View attachment 603809

Anti nuclear, anti American/NATO, and anti Union nonsense. I mean presenting reactor meltdowns and a SCRAM as normal events, our SSBN being tracked by the Americans, snagging a trawler....

Not quite the same as Pte Tucker wearing the wrong insignia.

OF4 would be right.

Anti nuclear, anti American/NATO, and anti Union nonsense. I mean presenting reactor meltdowns and a SCRAM as normal events, our SSBN being tracked by the Americans, snagging a trawler....

Not quite the same as Pte Tucker wearing the wrong insignia.
FUSILIER Tucker, if you don't mind.

bob231

War Hero
Looking at the pictures of the French sub it seems awfully complicated with pipes, valves, switches and circuit breakers everywhere. HMS Vigil looks all sleek and modern in comparison. It’s like comparing an Apollo spacecraft to the Dragon capsules. Who wouldn’t want the reactor to be controlled by a pc. Just one screen to look at, rather than lots and lots of dials to send your eyes dizzy, plus you can play solitaire on the pc when nobody is watching you on nights.

I also note that the French navy don’t really care for their matelot, we warn ours of radiation on each missile tube. The french don’t. Where there’s blame,, there’s a claim.

RP
It's almost like we prefer reactor control systems that don't rely on a fallible microprocessor...

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
This programme get on ma tits its rubbish, but what really gets me is the fact that i cant stop watching it !!

They could have gone to France to have a lot at a nuclear submarine

Back in the '90s the National Maritime Museum in Sydney had an ex-Soviet Foxtrot which could be toured. I took my (primary school-aged) daughter along and she was fascinated, which surprised me. I was just horrified.

Back in the '90s the National Maritime Museum in Sydney had an ex-Soviet Foxtrot which could be toured. I took my (primary school-aged) daughter along and she was fascinated, which surprised me. I was just horrified.
There was also one (privately owned) berthed at Woolwich which was open to members of the public as a tourist attraction in the mid to late 90s. It was eventually closed down as it was deemed no longer safe for the public to enter. IIRC, some of the markings on the equipment were in English language.

Latest Threads