Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

BBC Drama - Vigil...already baffled

The missus started binge watching it the other night and it was so bad I searched for reviews, this from Wikipedia..

"Other reviewers were less complimentary, citing the unrealistic sets and other technical inaccuracies, the implausibility of numerous elements of the plot, and the political bias of the production. James Delingpole in The Spectator described it as "amateurish and implausible", noting that among other issues, "the uniforms are wrong; the ceilings are too high and the sub generally far too spacious" and criticised "the hackneyed dialogue, the implausible plotting and the box-ticking". Anita Singh in The Telegraph described the series as "so bad it could be Russian propaganda", and her colleague Ed Power noted that "the story was nonsense" and that "the premise was wasted". The Telegraph also reported that the naval advisor working on the series was an SNP councillor and anti-nuclear campaigner, leading to accusations of bias. Carol Midgley in The Times said that "this subpar ocean drama made my heart sink", and described it as "stultifying"."

Couldn't agree more.

Maybe normal people aren't joining, because even the majority of the people in the services don't recommend joining. Who can really blame them.

I realise that this is a thread drift.

Haven't heard or seen a recruitment advert for years.

However have regularly seen and heard various charities appealing for help dealing with those who are ex services highlighting the high numbers of mental health issues, the difficulties in finding employment and housing on leaving and family breakdown.

Hardly a high endorsement of the joys of joining up.