BBC Documentary - The Paras

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by boredcivvy, Feb 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those who are interested or have not seen it yet, it has been put back on youtube, after being taken down for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgh5E-FwgXg&feature=related

I love the bit were the guy from 21 or 23 SAS gets a bollocking from the Troop Commander for 'cruising' through the Para Depot training!

How nails is he??? making 1980's Para training look like light duties!

2. gee, its almost as good as the way cadets keep flooding shite all over the boards. :roll:

3. I actually have the book that accompanied the series.

It's interesting to wonder what became of them 25 years on. These three I know about -

- Cpl Al Slater, one of the instructors, later joined the SAS and was killed in action in Ulster in 1984.

- Dean Ward, the only black recruit, competed in three Winter Olympics as a bobsledder and won a Bronze Medal at Nagano in 1998.

- Rod Stoner, who won the Best Recruit award, worked for Aegis Defence Services and later became a whistleblower on their activities in Iraq.

Any others ? Keeping PERSEC in mind, of course.

4. I served with 4 members of 480 at different times-none of the above mentioned though.