• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BBC documentary on Iraq: Fighting The War. Available?

Just after the Iraq Invasion, the beeb broadcast a behind-the-scenes documentary. It was about 3 or 4, 1 hour programmes.

Does anyone know where it can be seen (youtube, etc) or downloaded easily for free. I'd just like to see it again.

I pparticularily remember the Scottish tank (battlegroup) who set up an advanced POL point along some road and the challengers speeding in to get a formular 1 type pit-stop. Pretty impresive to this civillians eyes. I remember 2 guys in an ambulance getting bollocked for being on the same road as the Challengers with much effing and jeffing in a scotch accent. :)

Also of note was the (un)impressive (Buff)Hoon chairing meetings with the service chiefs.

Interesting TV.

I know the documentry you are on about. Its called 'Fighting the war'.
Some years back i tried to track the documentry down. I emailed the producer who told me it was a one off and was unlikely to be aired again. I have also scoured the internet and cannot find it. If you manage to find it could you let me know?

cheers

Latest Threads