• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

BBC Doco "Ads on the Frontline".

BBC NI broadcast a documentary on the series of adverts that the NIO comissioned, initially to promote the Confidential Telephone. An example is shown below:

It was quite interesting as it featured the testimony of the Civil Servants and Creatives involved in its creation which was new to me. A more surreal note was struck in that it used a similar sort of format to the Channel 5 type nostagia fests to provide a reaction to the adverts (which have not been screened in some time). This featured a number of people including a couple of NI comedians, an ordinary Joe and Josephine, Billy Hutchinson (the loyalist paramilitary leader) and Danny Morrison (formerly head of the SF/IRA publicity function). Amusingly, Morrison comes off in a particularly General Melchett tone as he is shown huffing and puffing about the ads being propaganda (Imagine!) and coming from a middle class mind set or words to that effect.

The iPlayer page is linked below...

Ads on the Frontline - BBC One

I remember seeing these ads getting mentioned on the BBC News at the time - "I want da hoods aff ma back - and I tried to find them on youtube with no luck so thanks for posting